Image flashing on new customized board mounted with i.MX6Q [MCIMX6Q5EYM10AE]

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image flashing on new customized board mounted with i.MX6Q [MCIMX6Q5EYM10AE]

Swain
Contributor I

We have a new design HW based on i.MX6Q [MCIMX6Q5EYM10AE] as MCU for a medical unit. 

Brief about board:

DDR3L [Micron] MT41K256M16TW-107 IT:P connected directly with CPU

FLASH MEMORY [128MB] [Micron] MT28EW01GABA1HPC-0SIT connected with CPU through EIM bus., 32bit data and 27bit address bus. 

Peripheral Interface: i) debug port connected to CPU RS232

ii) Ethernet port connected to CPU Ethernet

iii) JTAG connector for Trace32 debugger

We use the VxWorks as SW images as boot and application main image. 

vxboot.imx, vxworks OS image and DTB file

Questions:

1. Once the board gets ready from factory, how do we load the images for boot.

Option: 1. Lauterbatch Debugger with Trace32 application ?

2. Any other method for loading the images to Flash ?

Lauterbatch Debugger - If we try to load the images directly to flash, what are steps or procedures to be followed

Does NXP has any PC tool where we can load the images to Flash? 

Need the confirmation soon as the board HWs are in final stage for factory.

We do have one evaluation NXP SABRE Board for Smart Devices. The SoC mounted on there, "MC IMX6Q6AVT10AD SBXC1732". Possible to make some validation on this board what you suggest, we do loading VxWorks images to SD card and this is getting booted with VxWorks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

NXP offer UUU https://community.nxp.com/pwmxy87654/attachments/pwmxy87654/imx-processors/140261/1/UUU.pdf

but for your environment i suggest you to go with Vxworks

Regards

0 Kudos

Swain
Contributor I

Thanks for your update.

Need to share few more details.

The new board with i.MX6Q - MCIMX6Q5EYM10AE, has only options for peripheral interface.

i) Only debug port interface with RS232 with CPU

ii) Ethernet port interface with Ethernet with CPU

ii) JTAG port interface for debug

The board has DDR3L[Micron]MT41K256M16TW-107 interface with CPU and FLASH MEMORY [128MB][Micron]MT28EW01GABA1HPC-0SIT connected with CPU through EIM bus. 

We have VxWorks workbench from WindRiver, three images generated: vxboot.imx, vxWorks OS image and dtb file. Now suggest, once we get the new HW from factory, how do we flash the images and boot the system. 

Also there is a requirement to have secureboot image, need help whether this can be possible with VxWorks. If yes, then how do we make this secureboot image loading on fresh new board from factory. Want to confirm as the new board design is in final stage. 

0 Kudos