cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1050 USB Host

Jump to solution
omerkaanbasakin
Contributor IV

Hello I am trying to use VCOM slave device with IMXRT1050-EVKB. IMXRT1050-EVKB will be host and receive data from slave. My goal is to be able to receive and process the data sent by the slave device via USB. I am not looking for an complete USB software.

I examined "host_cdc" example and not understand how it works and transmit-receive data. Try to use peripheral tool for get some hint but also not worked. I read documentation of usb via peripheral tool. I did not see USB section at sdk documentation.

My question is how can I receive-transmit data via USB like UART?

Kind regards,

Kaan.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

The host CDC project is a simple demonstration program. It enumerates a COM port and echoes back the data from the UART as follows.

1.The host CDC receives data from the UART, which is plugged in the PC. Type characters in the terminal tool, such as Tera Term, and the characters are sent to the host example.
2. After the host example receives data from the UART, it sends the data to the device virtual COM.
3. After the data has been sent to the device virtual COM successfully, it receives the same data from the device virtual COM.
4. If the host has received the data, it sends data to the UART using the UART driver API. The UART echoes back data to the PC.

You can refer to MCUXpresso SDK USB stack HOST reference manual for more details.

danielchen_0-1655438503541.png

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

The host CDC project is a simple demonstration program. It enumerates a COM port and echoes back the data from the UART as follows.

1.The host CDC receives data from the UART, which is plugged in the PC. Type characters in the terminal tool, such as Tera Term, and the characters are sent to the host example.
2. After the host example receives data from the UART, it sends the data to the device virtual COM.
3. After the data has been sent to the device virtual COM successfully, it receives the same data from the device virtual COM.
4. If the host has received the data, it sends data to the UART using the UART driver API. The UART echoes back data to the PC.

You can refer to MCUXpresso SDK USB stack HOST reference manual for more details.

danielchen_0-1655438503541.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos