cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8qxpmek error building uboot for emmc with Yocto

Contributor I

Hello,

I'm working with the IMX8qxpmek.

I followed the manual "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide, Rev. L4.14.98-2.0.0_ga" to download and build the Yocto distribution for the board and I was able to get a Linux image working when booting from SDCard.

Now I want to boot from the eMMC. I followed the manual to rebuild uboot for eMMC and I edited local.conf by adding this line at the end : "UBOOT_CONFIG = "emmc"".

When I launch a build with that new config I end up with an error message:

Initialising tasks: 100% |#######################################| Time: 0:00:04
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: imx-boot-0.2-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/zmz/works/i-bsp/i-build/tmp/work/imx8qxpmek-poky-linux/imx-boot/0.2-r0/temp/log.do_compile.21066)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/zmz/works/i-bsp/i-build/tmp/work/imx8qxpmek-poky-linux/imx-boot/0.2-r0/temp/log.do_compile.21066
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| 8QX boot binary build
| cp: cannot stat '/home/zmz/works/i-bsp/i-build/tmp/deploy/images/imx8qxpmek/u-boot-imx8qxpmek.bin-emmc': No such file or directory
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/zmz/works/i-bsp/i-build/tmp/work/imx8qxpmek-poky-linux/imx-boot/0.2-r0/temp/log.do_compile.21066)
ERROR: Task (/home/zmz/works/i-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-bsp/imx-mkimage/imx-boot_0.2.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 6124 tasks of which 6118 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/zmz/works/i-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-bsp/imx-mkimage/imx-boot_0.2.bb:do_compile
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Do you know what could be causing this issue ?

For infos I'm using this config:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8qxpmek source fsl-setup-release.sh -b i-build

And for building I'm using:

bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to add "UBOOT_CONFIG[emmc]   = "${UBOOT_CONFIG_SD},sdcard"   in "sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/conf/machine/imx8qxpmek.conf" file, then use command as below:

"bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx -c cleanall

bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx "

change "fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx " to your image name

0 Kudos

Contributor I

yes ,thanks!

I try to do it in imx-4.14.98-2.0.0, it is build OK,  But I try to Build imx-4.14.78-1.0.0 like this, it is Build Fail, and same Error .

And I try to Add " UBOOT_CONFIG[emmc]   = "imx8qxp_mek_config,sdcard" "  to "imx8qxpmek.conf", it is buind OK.

Can this be done?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I haven't built 4.14.78 for imx8qxp, you need to check imx8qxpmek.conf file, if you built successfully and boot up from EMMC, it's ok, if you still failed, send this conf file to me, let me double check

0 Kudos