cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8mm CSI RAW10 (IMX258 sony)

HAKANAYDN
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to run IMX258 camera sensor on IMX8 mini. But IMX258 sensor supports RAW10 video mode but As far as I understand, IMX8 support UYVY, YUYV, YUV32, RAWRGB8 mode. You can see it mx6s_capture.c in linux kernel 5.15.32. How can I solve this problem ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

HAKANAYDN
Contributor II

Hi,
I applied the patches file into imx8m mini.And then I record a jpeg file from IMX258 but the file is not correct. I record the file as RAW10 RGGB format and convert it into jpeg file.

Test Command
gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=1 ! video/x-bayer,format=rggb,width=1048,height=780 ! bayer2rgb ! videoconvert ! jpegenc ! filesink location=test.jpeg

test.jpeg

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to use pngenc  or v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --verbose --set-fmt-video xxx this command, I don't know what patch you apply, if still failed, pls dump the registers to double check, and check the logfile to trace, it's hard to find the root cause based on one picture

0 Kudos

HAKANAYDN
Contributor II
Thank you for reply. I have seen this link before. And I applied it. But I didnt work my camera. How can I test my camera using gststream on wayland ? My camera supports RAW10 format.
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

your information is too limited, I don't know how your camera doesn't work, for capture, the link shows how to use bayer2rgb capture the raw data to file, then you can open the file to check your capture correct or not, because imx8mm couldn't handle raw data, no HW to convert raw data to yuv or rgb, so couldn't preview raw data to the display directly

HAKANAYDN
Contributor II
How can ı display raw10 video format on wayland.?
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I answered this question before, pls save the raw data to the file to check capture correct or not, because imx8mm no HW to handle raw data, you can use bayer2rgb to convert it then save it to the file

0 Kudos