IMX8Mplus board is not booting through SD card.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8Mplus board is not booting through SD card.

swathi
Contributor II

Hello,

1. I have generated the SD image for my custom board based on IMX8M plus processor. Below is the SD image generated in our build with size 260 MB with below file extension

customized-SD-image-usd.wic.zst 

2. After this I flashed this image to 32GB Sandisk SD card using the command provided in the document as shown in the below screenshot

Note: 
  1. Formatted the SD card to "FAT32" before flashing the actual SD image.
  2. Replaced the sdX as "sde" with the one which was detected by host machine for uSD.

zstdcat <customized-SD-image name-usd.wic.zst> | sudo dd of=/dev/sdX bs=1M conv=fsync

3. Then we inserted this flashed SD card to the custom board and tried to boot using SD mode with below attached SD boot settings.

swathi_2-1702444861834.png

4. But we are unable to boot completely from SD card and observed below mentioned errors from the console

Log:

Failed to load 'boot.scr'
Error reading cluster
** Unable to read file Image **
Failed to load 'Image'
END BOOTING
u-boot=> 

u-boot=> mmc part
Partition Map for MMC device 1  --   Partition Type: DOS
Part    Start Sector    Num Sectors     UUID            Type
** Can't read partition table on 1:0 **
u-boot=>

Can you please suggest some commands/methods to export the already flashed SD card content.

Do I have to use any particular Filesystem Type while formatting the SD card, please help me to fix this issue.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you have other flash on your board or only the uSD? How about your uSD design, connect to the usdhc1 or usdhc2?

Which version BSP are you using?

0 Kudos

Nobita
Contributor III

From my experience, manual burning might lead to some unexpected issues, If your are using windows operating system, I would suggest you to use the rufus tool to flash the i.mx image.
use 7zip zstd to unpack the flashable image which ends with the .wic suffix.
Tool links are bellow
https://github.com/mcmilk/7-Zip-zstd 
https://rufus.ie/en/ 

0 Kudos