Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MP Android13_2.0.0 not able to boot up on Imx8Plus EVK

Jump to solution
Brady
Contributor I

Hi NXP.

We are installing the Android13 on our project and we have applied IMX8MPlus EVK at hand. 

We followed the Android Users Guide and compiled the Android13_2.0.0. The Android13 not able to boot up seems hang on when starting the Kernel.

Attached "Android13_bootup log from uART.zip" is the error we got. Please be note the first time boot up after program it's different behavior it will hang when start kernel. This file is after power off. 

Attached "build-log" is take from the compile period. 

We have cross check with the demo image "android-13.0.0_2.0.0_Image_8mpevk.tar.gz" everything is good no problem. 

So the problem must from the compile or some setting nor correct. We have try replace and cross check looks like the issues is from vendor_boot.img or vbmeta-imx8mp-revb4.img...

Please help us.  

Thank.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have the startup logs been entered into the kernel? Or does it always stop at "boot header version not supported!". If there are more complete startup logs and enter the kernel, you can use fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta-imx8mp-revb4.img --disable-verity to turn off verity and try it. Still recommend to check your compilation environment, such as the host, clang, etc.

Best regards

Harvey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brady
Contributor I

Hi Harvey.

Thanks very much I found the reason. my mistakes. it's the compilation environment.

Thank you. a nice day. 

0 Kudos
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have the startup logs been entered into the kernel? Or does it always stop at "boot header version not supported!". If there are more complete startup logs and enter the kernel, you can use fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta-imx8mp-revb4.img --disable-verity to turn off verity and try it. Still recommend to check your compilation environment, such as the host, clang, etc.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos