cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8M Mini: DLC0350GEV06 Display panel issue and bringup

karthik_rao
Contributor II

Hi Community,

We are facing an issue related to display panel on our board based on imx8mm, which runs android 11. The screen fades when android boots up.

Display panel part number: DLC0350GEV06MF
Display controller: STT703I

Our board does not use the SN65DSI83 mipi to lvds converter. The i.MX8M-mini mipi dsi is directly connected to the STT703I display controller.

We would like to have an understanding on the following display array in uboot source file(board/boundary/c2-imx8mm/c2-imx8mm.c) which could help in debugging this issue.

static const struct display_info_t displays[] = {
VD_MIPI_DLC0350GEV06(MIPI, board_detect_gt911, fbp_bus_gp(2, 0, GP_DLC0350_ENABLE, 0), fbp_addr_gp(0x5d, 0, 0, 0), FBTS_GOODIX),
};

Any pointers/references on bringing up this display panel on imx8mm based platform would help.

Thanks and regards,
Karthik Rao

0 Kudos
5 Replies

karthik_rao
Contributor II

Hi,

Thankyou for the response.

@joanxie, link for uboot-imx: https://github.com/boundarydevices/u-boot/tree/boundary-v2020.10

@giraffe508, the last sentence is not visible completely... It looks like: "To debug the issue with the screen fading when Android boots up, you can try the"

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this is the third party company bsp, you should contact their engineer to get further information about this structure definition

0 Kudos

giraffe508
Contributor IV

Hi Karthik Rao,

Based on the information provided, you are using the i.MX8M Mini with a DLC0350GEV06 display panel and STT703I display controller. You mentioned that your board does not use the SN65DSI83 MIPI to LVDS converter and the i.MX8M Mini MIPI DSI is directly connected to the STT703I display controller.

Regarding the display array in the U-Boot source file, it seems that the file you mentioned (board/boundary/c2-imx8mm/c2-imx8mm.c) is not part of the official NXP U-Boot repository. I assume you are using a custom U-Boot provided by Boundary Devices. In that case, I would recommend reaching out to Boundary Devices for support on their specific implementation.

However, I can provide some general guidance on the display array:

static const struct display_info_t displays[] = {     VD_MIPI_DLC0350GEV06(MIPI, board_detect_gt911, fbp_bus_gp(2, 0, GP_DLC0350_ENABLE, 0), fbp_addr_gp(0x5d, 0, 0, 0), FBTS_GOODIX), }; 

This array defines the display configuration for the board. The VD_MIPI_DLC0350GEV06 macro is used to initialize the display_info_t structure with the necessary parameters for the DLC0350GEV06 display panel. The parameters include the MIPI interface, touch controller detection function (board_detect_gt911), backlight control GPIO (GP_DLC0350_ENABLE), I2C address for the touch controller (0x5d), and the touch controller driver (FBTS_GOODIX).

To debug the issue with the screen fading when Android boots up, you can try the

0 Kudos

karthik_rao
Contributor II

Hi @giraffe508 

GP_BACKLIGHT_MIPI2 (i.e. IOMUXC_SPDIF_RX_PWM2_OUT) looks to be the backlight control gpio and GP_DLC0350_ENABLE looks to be the display reset pin. Did you mean we have to provide GP_BACKLIGHT_MIPI2 as the argument in 'fbp_bus_gp' inplace of GP_DLC0350_ENABLE?

Do we have to provide any arguments to VD_MIPI_DLC0350GEV06?

static const struct display_info_t displays[] = {     VD_MIPI_DLC0350GEV06(MIPI, board_detect_gt911, fbp_bus_gp(2, 0, GP_DLC0350_ENABLE, 0), fbp_addr_gp(0x5d, 0, 0, 0), FBTS_GOODIX), }; 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I didn't find this path in the latest uboot source code, pls send the link to me, let me double check it

0 Kudos