cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX7D MIPI Display U-Boot

nicholash
Contributor I

Hi,
I'm trying to use a MIPI display in UBoot on an IMX7D Sabre board. I have the display working in Linux, so I'm sure there's no hardware problem. I'm trying to use the sec_mipi_dsim.c driver, which claims (according to the git commit) to be the correct driver.

I have also added to the setup function:
clock_enable(CCGR_MIPI_DSI, true);
clock_enable(CCGR_MIPI_MEM_PHY, true);
clock_enable(CCGR_LCDIF, true);

This seems to get it part of the way through initalising the peripheral up until it throws an error saying "Clock is not in stop state". How do I get past this error? Is there any documentation for this?

If I comment out this error checking, I get a tx timeout error when writing in my screen setup driver and then I hang when drawing the logo.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nick

one can look at below patches:

MLK-18945-6 video: Add driver sec_mipi_dsim for mipi dsi on iMX8MM and iMX7D (337cb8f8) · Commits · ... 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nicholash
Contributor I

Thanks Igor,

This is the setup code I've got, good to know it's the correct version. Is there a working example of this on an IMX7D?

I see on the example in imx8mm_evk.c that before calling the setup function, these functions are run

/* enable the dispmix & mipi phy power domain */
    call_imx_sip(FSL_SIP_GPC, FSL_SIP_CONFIG_GPC_PM_DOMAIN, DISPMIX, true, 0);
    call_imx_sip(FSL_SIP_GPC, FSL_SIP_CONFIG_GPC_PM_DOMAIN, MIPI, true, 0);

/* Put lcdif out of reset */
    disp_mix_bus_rstn_reset(imx8mm_mipi_dsim_plat_data.gpr_base, false);
    disp_mix_lcdif_clks_enable(imx8mm_mipi_dsim_plat_data.gpr_base, true);

Are there equivalents for the IMX7D?

What clocks and power domains do I need to enable?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nick

unfortunately nxp does not officially supports uboot mipi-dsi on i.MX7D, sorry.

Help with porting can be provided with Commercial Support and Engineering Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos