IMX6 solo and dual lite GPU issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 solo and dual lite GPU issue

mjrudy
Contributor IV

Is there a difference between the IMX6 SOLO and IMX6 Dual lite GPU.  I'm running a bare metal implementation.  When I modify textures on the SOLO there are no issues.  If I run the same code on the dual lite the processor crashes with a signal abort.  The second core is not being activated yet so that shouldn't be interfering with the run. 

I'm just wondering if there is a difference in the GPU that could cause this crash since it's running the exact same code on the same development board and environment.  If I don't try to modify the texture both seem to run ok.

Thank you,  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello mjrudy,

There are no differences between the GPU in SOLO and DualLite, but per you error it looks like more hardware issue, per example you have to see if the ram is the same size and it is in the same place.

Regards

0 Kudos

mjrudy
Contributor IV

Thank you for your reply.

The environment and setup are the same.  The only difference I know is the Dual lite has 1GB of ram and the solo is 512MB but the everything is setup to only use 512.

I found out that the SOLO has an issue as well that it will sometimes stop updating the display.  The processor is still running but the display becomes frozen.  The back light is also flashing a few times before the display stops updating.  Seems like a memory issue that something is being written to at the same time or overwritten.  I'm using a bdi3000 to attempt to debug but when it crashes the back trace doesn't go up very far if any frames at all.  Any thoughts on what could be checked to see if memory is getting stepped on?

Thank you,

Micah Rudy 

0 Kudos