cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53 rotate

Jump to solution
woutervh
Contributor IV

I have some 1920x1080 screens attached by LVDS to a IMX53 platform. These needs to be rotated by 90 or 180°.

I'd prefere to do this in kernel space because I don't want the user to bother about the screen orientation.

Where do I start?

Labels (3)
1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In Linux BSP documentation package there's a document named "imx5x_IPU_LIB_UG.pdf". It describes IPU API and how you can use IPU to perform these functions accelerated by HW.

Usually your application will need to generate frame to a buffer of XxY size, and then you'd use IPU to rotate it to YxX framebuffer. So a small plugin is usually required to integrate to an existing app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In Linux BSP documentation package there's a document named "imx5x_IPU_LIB_UG.pdf". It describes IPU API and how you can use IPU to perform these functions accelerated by HW.

Usually your application will need to generate frame to a buffer of XxY size, and then you'd use IPU to rotate it to YxX framebuffer. So a small plugin is usually required to integrate to an existing app.

0 Kudos
woutervh
Contributor IV

Yes, but I want it in kernel, so that the user/app/whatever doesn't need to use the IPU api...

0 Kudos
Noel_V
Contributor III

Hi wouter,

I'm in the need for rotating the FRAME buffer on the IMx53 .

Did you succeed in rotating ( so that bootup shows a correct display)?

Any pacthes requried ?

Regards

Noel

0 Kudos
Philip_FSL
Contributor IV

The user side library sits on top of kernel ioctl calls.  You should be able to replicate the functionality kernel side that calls the IPU kernel driver functions directly.