Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2c chip Driver for Audio Amp & AM/FM tuner in I.MX28 linux BSP

Jump to solution
srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Hi,

As am newbiee to this I.mx28 BSP's , & new to audio amp & AM/FM tuner, I found there are no drivers for audio amplifier ( TDA7563B Audio Amp) & (Si4743 AM/FM tuner ) interfaced through i2c in L2.6.35_10.12.01_ER_source, could you pls let me know how to get started with it or if we have any other drivers for the same,

Thanks in advance,

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On i.MX28 EVK, the audio codec is SGTL5000 where the control is also via I2C interface. It is enabled by default in Linux BSP. You may port the TDA753B driver by taking the SGTL5000 as the reference. Please also check your vendor if they already have linux driver code for their chips.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Could anybody please kindly let me know any information on the basics of Audio amp & atleast any drivers available for audio amplifier in Linux o that it can be ported to TDA753B by having that driver as the reference

Awaiting for your replies,

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Srinivasan, could you please click Corret Answer/Helpful Answer, if your question had been answered?

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Ya.. Thanks a lot for your support , it gave me an idea.. would be working on the same .........

You can close this thread...

Once again Many Many Thanks,

0 Kudos
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On i.MX28 EVK, the audio codec is SGTL5000 where the control is also via I2C interface. It is enabled by default in Linux BSP. You may port the TDA753B driver by taking the SGTL5000 as the reference. Please also check your vendor if they already have linux driver code for their chips.

0 Kudos