Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't set page size to 64KB in Linux4.19 with IMX8MM

Jump to solution
Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi Community!

I have using IMX8MM and yocto Linux 4.19.

I want to set page size to 64KB.

So, I set "PAGE SIZE" to 64kB from "kernel config"-> "kernel Features"->"Page size". But bitbake failed.

Is there something wrong with the procedure?

The bitbake command "fails with do_compile. I got a compile error in the following places.

```

$ cat /path/to/tmp/work/imx8mm_var_dart-poky-linux/linux-xxxxx/4.19.35-r0/temp/log.do_compile.5214 | grep error
CC drivers/crypto/caam/error.o
CC lib/fdt_strerror.o
/path/to/tmp/work-shared/imx8mm-var-dart/kernel-source/drivers/mxc/hantro_845_h1/hx280enc.c:496:23: error: implicit declaration of function 'compat_ptr'; did you mean 'compat_lr'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

```

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

If you want to use page size 64K, you need change a lot of kernel source code.Defalut page size of many linux source code is 4KB and the EVK doesn't match page size 64KB. 

BR

Zhiming

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

If you want to use page size 64K, you need change a lot of kernel source code.Defalut page size of many linux source code is 4KB and the EVK doesn't match page size 64KB. 

BR

Zhiming

Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi Zhiming-san

Thank you for reply.

> If you want to use page size 64K, you need change a lot of kernel source code.Defalut page size of many linux source code is 4KB and the EVK doesn't match page size 64KB. 

OK....  I leave the page size setting at 4KB.

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

0 Kudos