I.MX6ull kernel build error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6ull kernel build error

OTan
Contributor I

I built yocto L5.4.70  on Ubuntu 18.04 64bit success, and then I tried to build the kernel in standalone environment but failed. 

1.use the following command to build yocto

DISTRO=fsl-imx-fb MACHINE=imx6qpsabreauto bitbake core-image-minimal

2. use the following command to get the cross compile toolchain

DISTRO=fsl-imx-fb MACHINE=imx6qpsabreauto bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk

and then execute fsl-imx-fb-glibc-x86_64-core-image-minimal-cortexa9t2hf-neon-toolchain-5.4-zeus.sh

after it, the value of $CC --verion is :

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 9.2.0
3 Execute the following command to get the kernel and build.
# git clone https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx -b imx_5.4.70_2.3.0

I execute following  commands to build the kernel:

make distclean

make imx_v7_defconfig

make

it report " can't find stdio.h" , after I set the C_INCLUDE_PATH,  it reports define errors as attachment. Could you help to check it ? thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Otan,

You are building with Mx6qpsabreauto, and you need to change this and start over the whole process with mx6ull.

Regards

0 Kudos

OTan
Contributor I

Dear Bio,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. 

I'm following the guide of WiFi_BT_Integretion-(88W8801-To-iMX6ULL-EVK-L5.4.70_2.3.0) ,  and the errors are same if I change Distro name as  imx6ull14x14evk. 

after I set to Distro name as  imx6ull14x14evk.The build tool is 

/opt/imx6ull/5.4-zeus/environment-setup-cortexa7t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

echo $CC
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 -fstack-protector-strong -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Wformat-security -Werror=format-security --sysroot=/opt/imx6ull/5.4-zeus/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

echo $ARCH

arm

0 Kudos