cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX RT SAI configuration: multiple inputs on SAI1 not supported in ConfigTools

SammyP
Contributor I

Hello,

I am configuring I2S on an I.MX RT 1064 and want to use SAI1_RX_DATA0 - SAI1_RX_DATA3 to have a total of four inputs on SAI1. My audio source does not support TDM, so I need dedicated data input pins. According to the reference manual, the RX pins 1 through 3 of SAI1 are shared with the TX pins 1 through 3. This is not a problem for me, since I only need RX on SAI1. However, the ConfigTools in MCUXpresso do not seem to recognize the dual function of these pins. Rather, it only allows for configuration of the pins as TX_DATA1-3. There is no mention of RX_DATA1-3.

SammyP_0-1652987207044.png

Is it possible to properly configure the pins through ConfigTools at all? If so, what am I missing?

Furthermore, I am having issues when configuring the SAI peripherals (also with ConfigTools). Specifically, I want to configure SAI1 as record only, in slave mode. However, a warning is generated because I did not assign the Tx BCLK and Tx SYNC pins. How do I configure the SAI1 for record only without having to use these pins? I understand there is an option to loopback the Tx BCLK and SYNC pins to the Rx, but this isn't mandatory afaik.

SammyP_3-1652989150987.pngSammyP_4-1652989158327.png

As a general remark: it is often times unclear to me if the limitations in ConfigTools are due to actual limitations of the chip, or just because some things are not (yet) implemented. The same thing is true for the CSI peripheral, where some of the options mentioned in the reference manual (for example RGB666 mode) do not seem to be implemented in ConfigTools. It would be nice when something isn't implemented if it would still be listed but grayed out with a "not implemented" message or something. That way there is no confusion as to what is and is not possible

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SammyP ,

To RX_DATA1-3, it is shared with the TX_DATA1-3, select the TX_DATA1-3 pin is OK, the name won't influence the SAI peripheral , the detail RX or TX, it is determined by the SAI module.

About your warning, need to enable the tclk, tfs, I think it is the CFG tool bug, as even you just use the record, and select one channel for RX_DATA0, that still report.

So, I think it is the CFG tool bug, you can ignore it, still generate the code, you totally don't need to enable the TX_BCLK, SYNC, to record, you just need to use the RX_BCLK, SYNC.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos