cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto bring u-boot to imx6q sdcard image

floriankoenig
Contributor II

Hello,

i can build a imx6qsabrelite fsl-image-machine-test image. When i add to IMAGE_FSTYPES the value "sdcard" it builds me sdcard images. But u-boot is missing on the sdcard image. 

I tried adding  IMAGE_BOOTLOADER = "u-boot"  and SDCARD= "/dev/sdd" to the bitbake variables but u-boot is still missing.

I tried also alot of other vars like UBOOT_CONFIG and so on, but no luck.

What do i need to build a sdcard image with u-boot included ?   It seemed that there is also a way to directly write the sdcard image after build ? If thats possible, what do i need todo to enable this ?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you need to write uboot image to sdcard, you can use mfgtools or dd command in the linux.

for mfgtools, you can download from nxp official website, if you couldn't find it, pls tell me your bsp version, I can send the link to you. if you want to use dd command, you can use "$ sudo dd if=<U-Boot image> of=/dev/sd<partition> bs=512 seek=2 conv=fsync"

0 Kudos

floriankoenig
Contributor II

thanks, but i mean a bitbake variable that triggers a function that will directly build the sdcard image with u-boot installed.  I see in _toaster_clones/_git___github.com_Freescale_meta-fsl-arm-extra.git_morty/conf/machine/nitrogen6x.conf  that the bitbake var IMAGE_BOOTLOADER is empty. If i set IMAGE_BOOTLOADER to "u-boot" it still does not build a sdcard image with u-boot included, so what do i need extra ?  Set IMAGE_BOOT_FILES ? or is this automatically set anywhere ?  

0 Kudos