Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update gpu driver for qt5 ?

rans
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

According to 

https://community.nxp.com/message/960633?commentID=960633#comment-960633 

There is issue if qt5 lib is expecting a different gpu driver version.

In my case there is also such issue:

kernel version:

lec-imx6 4.1.31-1.2.0+g77f6154 (which is from jethro yocto)

GPU version:

root@imx6qsabresd:~# dmesg | grep 5.0.1
[ 3.554771] Galcore version 5.0.11.41671

yocto version: 

NXP i.MX Release Distro 4.9.11-1.0.0 (morty yocto!)

So, I wanted to upgrade kernel gpu driver, but I am not sure which recipe need upgrade:

user@user-VirtualBox:~/test5/build_yocto/sources$ find . | grep gpu-viv
./meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv
./meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p8.4-hfp.bb
./meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv.inc
./meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv
./meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p8.4.bb
./meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv
./meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p7.4-hfp.bb
./meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p7.4-sfp.bb
./meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv.inc
./meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/kernel-modules/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p7.4+fslc.bb

Is it only ./meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/kernel-modules/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p7.4+fslc.bb that shoud be upgraded.

I tried to delete this recipe and copied the following (from  the morty yocto build 4.9.11-1.0.0 ):

./meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/kernel-modules/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p8.6.bb
./meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/kernel-modules/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p8.6+fslc.bb

And recompiled linux, but I got the exact same 

galcore.ko driver, and same segmentation failure.

Can anyone help how to resolve this ? 

Thank you,

Ran

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ran

In the case of Linux only environment, the plugin that draws to the screen is called EGLFS. This plugin has the restriction that it only supports one single widget at a time on the screen surface. Then demos such as hellogl_es2 are *not intended* to work along with this plugin, and it will never work.

But there is a document that  may can help, since QT it was never intended to be supported by the driver

QT5 Demo Errors on EGLFS

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos