How to send the stereo audio sound to mono SPKOUTL?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send the stereo audio sound to mono SPKOUTL?

jacklu
Contributor II

Hi expert,

Our platform (IMX6SL) only use SPKOUTL as mono speaker.

From the WM8962, the codec can mix the DACL & DACR to SPKMIXL, then output to SPKOUTL.

How to control the ALSA widgets?

BTW, is there any document to describe the architecture about the ALSA audio on FSL IMX6SL platform.

I want to study it.

thanks!

BRs,

Jack

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For more information on the codec control, please refer to the Chapter 29 of the attached document. It also contains some links to the additional documentation on the i.MX6 Linux ALSA drivers.

Also, the custom codec control can be performed through the low-level I2C driver. For more information, please refer to the Chapter 37 of the attached document.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jacklu
Contributor II

Hi Artur,

The ALSA architecture is a little different from others such as Qualcomm's.

Could we use tinymix/tinyplay for audio single test?

thanks!

BRs,

Jack

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

tinymix/tinyplay seem not to be included in the Freescale BSP. Only amixer/aplay are available.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the WM8962 codec contains the Digital Mono Mixer circuit that allows to digitally mix a stereo audio data and output the resulting signal to a single speaker output. Please check on the Pages 92 and 111 of the attached document.

Have a great day,
Artur

0 Kudos

jacklu
Contributor II

Hi Artur,

the Digital Mono Mixer circuit seems support only input ADC to output DAC mix.

It is different from stereo audio (it should be digital data from IMX6SL decoder) to mono DAC.

I try these patch in wm8962_hw_params():

+snd_soc_write(codec, WM8962_SPEAKER_MIXER_3, 0x003F);
+snd_soc_write(codec, WM8962_SPEAKER_MIXER_1, 0x00B0);
+snd_soc_write(codec, WM8962_MIXER_ENABLES, 0x0002);
return 0;

the sound is mixed.

thanks!