cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make hyperram connected with flexspi2 work like SDRAM

Jump to solution
yalin
Contributor II

We'd like to use hyperram S27KS0642GA to replace SDRAM on RT1176, I researched some cases in this community and found AN12239.pdf, which showed how to read and write hyperram, I think it is a way using hyperram like a external device driver, such as an I2C device.

However, I'd like to use it by adding it into the MCU settings list in IDE just like SDRAM, is it possible? How can I do that? Is there a whole document or reference for configuring and using it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You're correct, that space address needs to be used.
Once you have it on memory settings it is also important to first initialize it before using it.
One example that might be helpful is the PSRAM example on the RT600, although it is a different device it can be helpful since it accesses the FlexSPI RAM through AHB bus.

Best regards,
Omar

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well.

Yes, it can be done in the same. You need to specify in the MCU settings the address where your HyperRAM is located so it becomes available.
I believe that what you want to do is access that HyperRAM through AHB bus so it is important to verify where it is mapped.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1670374011847.png

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos
yalin
Contributor II
@Omar_Anguiano Thanks for reply. So I should use the AHB bus memory space access: 0x6000_0000 – 0x6FFF_FFFF for hyperram with flexspi2, is it right? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You're correct, that space address needs to be used.
Once you have it on memory settings it is also important to first initialize it before using it.
One example that might be helpful is the PSRAM example on the RT600, although it is a different device it can be helpful since it accesses the FlexSPI RAM through AHB bus.

Best regards,
Omar