cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable FSLProfileApp/Service

williamtung
Contributor III

Hi,

We compiled the Android image for SabreSD-6dq and ran our solo board but encountered a lot of FSLProfile error on runtime. I tried to remove the package installation from im6.mk but it just stuck on boot animation. Is there a easy way to debug or disable the service? Thanks.

Labels (2)
20 Replies

PKZ
Contributor III

Hi,

Did any one manage to disable the FSLProfileApp/Service?

I tried to do (like what williamtung did, removed the package installation from imx6x.mk) and android hang at animation screen.

I really want to disable this feature as it make too many confusion to the end user. For eg, the power saving mode may give you the shortest battery life and the performance mode may give you longer batter life sometimes. At other time, it may give diff result. So, I just want to simplify (just leave all core enable)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PK

0 Kudos

EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi William,

Here are the patches we used to get Solo and Dual-Lite working with the FSLProfileService.

prasannakulkarni
Contributor IV

Hi,

After Applying Those  patches, Still FSLPowerService force closed error is coming on our board !!!!, we are using IMX6 solo, Android ICS 4.0.3 .

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you changed your init.rc file?

0 Kudos

williamtung
Contributor III

No, I'm not sure which service or node the FSLProfileAPP/Service is looking for.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don´t have this source code installed on my machine.

Could you, please, let me know which Android.mk did you changed?

0 Kudos

williamtung
Contributor III

Hi Daiane,

I only change device/fsl-proprietary/pcie-wifi/Android.mk to support Intel PCIe WIFI and device/fsl/imx6/imx6.mk to add some firmware.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, so It made me think that your goal is not disable FSLProfile. You´re trying to do something else, and faced those errors as a side effect.

Could you, please, share your goal?

Could you, please, share your dmesg and logcat?

0 Kudos

williamtung
Contributor III

Hi Daiane,

To goal is to enable FSLProfile without popping up error message. I just notice that the default profile looking for more than one core. Can you please advise which file to modify to limit to just one core?

logcat:

W/System.err( 2618): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or director
y)

threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a661f8)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service fsl.power.service.FSLPowerOptionService@410cbd58 with Intent { cmp=fsl.power.service/.FSLPowerOptionService }: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2376)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1900(ActivityThread.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1210)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4424)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at
fsl.power.service.FSLPowerOptionService.offlineCPU(FSLPowerOptionService.java:414)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at fsl.power.service.FSLPowerOptionService.setcpuNM(FSLPowerOptionService.java:795)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at fsl.power.service.FSLPowerOptionService.activeProfile(FSLPowerOptionService.java:778)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at fsl.power.service.FSLPowerOptionService.onStart(FSLPowerOptionService.java:220)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at android.app.Service.onStartCommand(Service.java:438)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2618):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2359)

0 Kudos

williamtung
Contributor III

Hi Daiane,

I got a little time to trace the FSLProfileService code and found there are only "soc_type.MX6Q=63" and "soc_type.MX6DL=61" are defined. Since MX6SOLO shares the same ID (Major=6100), there's no way to tell it's DualLite or Solo. I can quick patch the code for my solo board but wonder if Freescale has any plan to fix this issue. Thanks.

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I´m glad to hear that. I´m not used with imx6s so I was not aware of this android behavior. I had asked internally for some help for your issue. I´m glad to know you was able to fix it.

In my point of view, it´s not a bug, you´ve been using a BSP that was released to be used on another chip.

But I agree with you that it could be more "configurable".

Thanks a lot for letting us know.

0 Kudos

ujala
Contributor II

Hi Daiane,

I am also facing the similar problem of "Fsl Power services  stopped"   and unable to solve it...

we have designed our own custom board  using i.Mx6S   solo processor   and using Android 13.4.1 BSP...   After the complete loading of the Android, the  "FSL Power serives stopped" message comes on the screen  and the   android console  " root@android:/ #" .. we are also getting a number of Android process related error, but i am unable to analyze.     Pl. find attached here the screenshots of the same and Logcat  for reference...

request help and guidance,

thanks in advance,

0 Kudos

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Ujala,

William is saying that you will need to modify the FSLPowerOptionService class to define separate system on chip (soc) types for the dual lite and solo (look for soc_type and differentiate between MX6DL and MX6SOLO) and then in the initPowerProfile method you will need to define a profile for the solo type that specifies how to handle the performance, power saving, and normal modes of operation (the key here is to make sure Profiles.CPUNM is assigned 0 as the source of your errors in logcat is the FSLProfileApp trying to access cores that don't exist).

Michael

ujalakumar
Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for the accurate guidance and pin-point patch instructions.  

Appologies for my little knowledge.  I am really a beginner in Android and Java.  Request you to pl. let me know how and where to locate the  FslPowerOptionService class file in myandroid. ..?  :smileysilly::smileysilly:

i understand , inside this class file , i shal be getting initPowerProfile  where i shall be modifying the Profiles.CPUNUM.

Also, in the same logfile, can you let me know, how can i disable the "gps services"    as on my board, i am not using any GPS, the hardware and driver is disabled in the kernel  but the services are still registered and remain on .  Due to that my "root@android:# " prompt  is in "Hang mode" and i am unable to use it.

heartiest thanks and appreciation again for the help..

Ujala 

0 Kudos

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Ujala,

Look in myandroid/packages/apps/fsl_imx_demo/FSLProfileService/src/fsl/power/service for the FSLPowerOptionService class.

As for gps, I changed the following (they're may be other items I'm missing). In init.rc, you need to remove:

symlink /dev/ttymxc1 /dev/gpsdevice

in ueventd.freescale.rc I removed:

/dev/ttymxc2          0660   system gps
/dev/ttya0            0660   system gps
/dev/ptya0            0660   system gps
/dev/ttya1            0660   system gps
/dev/ptya1            0660   system gps

in BoardConfigArm2.mk I modified the following entries:

BOARD_HAVE_HARDWARE_GPS := false

USE_ATHR_GPS_HARDWARE := false

The following entry should already be false:

USE_QEMU_GPS_HARDWARE := false

Michael

0 Kudos

ujalakumar
Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot from the bottom of my heart. Your support

is heartily appreciated...

I am able to patch the file as guided by

you and solve the " Fsl Power profile stopped" problem.

Besides,

thanks you so much for the stepwise guidance on GPS disable procedure.

Although, with my own knowledge, some searching and surfing in community

and some understanding, i was able to disable GPS services yesterday by

myself by going into init,freescale.rc. However i was not sure of my

random steps and its repercussions , if any. Your stepwise procedure ,

in that way was able to reassure me of of my own understanding and was

really relieving.

Thanks again for all your support and help.

could

you pl. help help me with some steps in finding out the display screen

related resolution, size or configuration settings and CTP idc

registration procedure. I am facing below related issues:

1. The

virtual key pad of android is not behaving correctly and when i touch

the keys, the correct keys are not coming on screen else other keys are

appearing. pl. see the attached snap. when i touch "P" on the keypad

actually "i" is appearing and when i touch "O" then "u is appearing...

All the keys appear to be shifted both horizontally and vertically.. its

really peculiar and i am not finding any clue on that.

2. Even though

my touch panel is registered but the logcat messages are below

below:

a.

W/imx6.gralloc( 2155): xres = 800 px

W/imx6.gralloc( 2155):

yres = 480 px

W/imx6.gralloc( 2155): xres_virtual = 800

px

W/imx6.gralloc( 2155): yres_virtual = 1536 px

b.

" Touch device

'cast-touch' could not query the properties of its associated display 0.

The device will be inoperable until the display size becomes available.

"

I am simply clueless on the above except this understanding that

these must be some Android related settings in some config files..

request your help and guidance , if possible..

thanks again for your

openness and all the help,

---

Warm regards,

Ujala Kumar

On

09-05-2013, Michael Robbeloth wrote:

HOW TO DISABLE

FSLPROFILEAPP/SERVICE

created by Michael Robbeloth 1 in _i.MX

Community_ - View the full discussion 2

0 Kudos

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Ujala,

I'm not sure what the issue could be with your touchscreen. We use a two-touch capacitive touchscreen so the registration process is not necessary on our device. I would try reposting as a new forum message and see if anyone can offer their assistance.

Michael

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

would you tell me which board are you using? and which verison of BSP are you using? Thanks.

0 Kudos

williamtung
Contributor III

Hi Jimmy,

Our board is based on the SabreLite and I'm using Android 13.4.1 BSP.

0 Kudos

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

William,

This is something my company is looking to do on a solo board as well. If anyone has any good approaches, please let us know. Thanks.

Michael

0 Kudos