How to allow the MfgTool.exe or BitBurner.exe detect the MX233 device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow the MfgTool.exe or BitBurner.exe detect the MX233 device

BennyKukoy
Contributor I

I'm quite new to MX233 development and I've got an EVB that I want to boot with an SD.

Based on my research from this site and the rest of the web, I was able to find out that I need to burn an OTP bit to allow such a boot mode to be used. But the details on how to actually do it is scetchy, and no formal documentation is showing such.

So can anyone help me out on how to make the Mfgtool or Bitburner detect the MX233 device? Such as, what connection is needed.

I've tried to perform a USB boot mode but I can not see any feedback from my dev machine that the EVB is actually booting in USB.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi,

There are two things that you may have to configure in the OTP bits in HW_OCOTP_ROM0 register, if you want to enable MMC Boot.

1. SD_POWER_GATE_GPIO

2. SD_MBR_BOOT.

If you see the EVK,MMC is being powered  via a MOSFET Power Gating Circuitry, which is controlled by a GPIO. Here you have 4 options. [PWM0 or LCD_DOTCK or PWM3 or No Gating]. In my board i did not wanted this option. So I grounded that connection instead of a GPIO, so that it is always ON, and set the SD_POWER_GATE_GPIO OTP bits to '11'.

Regarding SD_MBR_BOOT, you have to specify that the MMC has a MBR in it. So set it to 1.

0 Kudos

BennyKukoy
Contributor I

I see. Maybe Kingston cards work. I'll check it out.

Seems that the Chumby is using a Kingston card as well, which could probably be the reason why I can not find any reported problems on their site similar to mine.

Thanks!

Tibor Takacs said:

Yes! I use Kingstone SD card 2Gb. I use Windows XP not Windows 7. Win7 is not supported.

Benny Kukoy said:

Yup, already tried that... unfortunately it doesn't work. SD card boot for the MX23 has some issue, as specified in their errata.

Have you tried booting your own SD? What brand and size of SD are you using?

Tibor Takacs said:

Hy!

Set the boot monde selector to SD-card boot (1001) and than the OS can find it.

0 Kudos

Exy
Contributor I
Yes! I use Kingstone SD card 2Gb. I use Windows XP not Windows 7. Win7 is not supported.

Benny Kukoy said:

Yup, already tried that... unfortunately it doesn't work. SD card boot for the MX23 has some issue, as specified in their errata.

Tibor Takacs said:

Hy!

0 Kudos

BennyKukoy
Contributor I

Tibor Takacs said:

Hy!

0 Kudos

Exy
Contributor I

Hy!

0 Kudos