How to add openssh server to Jethro yocto boundary-eval-image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add openssh server to Jethro yocto boundary-eval-image?

damienhuang
Contributor IV

Hi

Can someone tell me how to add openssh server to the jethro yocto boundary-eval-image?

I would like to include openssh server into boundary-eval-image, so I added

IMAGE_INSTALL_append+="openssh"

to the end of file "local.conf", and rebuild the image with command "bitbake boundary-eval-image"

but at the end I got error message as

"

Computing transaction...error: Can't install packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear-1.0-r1@all: unable to install provider for dropbear:

error:     dropbear-2015.68-r0@cortexa9hf_vfp_neon is conflicted by openssh-sshd-7.1p2-r0@cortexa9hf_vfp_neon

"

Anyone know how this happen and can fix it?

Thanks

Damien

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi,

Add these packages to your image. If u are using minimal image, add these packages to IMAGE_INSTALL as

IMAGE_INSTALL = "packagegroup-core-boot ${ROOTFS_PKGMANAGE_BOOTSTRAP} udev-extraconf \

packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh \

openssh-sftp-server "

in the core-image-minimal.bb file or what ever the imge you are using to build the image.

OR

You can add these packages to file build/conf/local.conf as

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "

packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh \

openssh-sftp-server

"

I suggest the first method.

Best Regards

Pranav

0 Kudos

ramanareddy
Contributor I

Don't we have a menuconfig for this. i.e., to enable or disable openssh. Do we need to edit these files always when we need to enable/disable?

Also when I added 'packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear' to the core-image-minimal.bb, it throws error saying "Nothing provides packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear.bb"

0 Kudos

pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi,

In the light of my knowledge please correct me if I'm wrong. menuconfig is mainly used to configure kernel. If you need openssh binary in the filesystem, you need to add here. Or else you can cross-compile it for your platform and copy it into SD card (to the memory which you are using).

We are able to compile openssh by providing it in 'core-image-minimal.bb' because the Yocto SDK already contains 'packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh.bb' and 'openssh-sftp-server.bb'  in these bb files, they have provided support to compile openssh. To compile 'packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear' most probably there will not be the bb file. In such case you need to create a new layer using yocto layer-create command, and add the source code into the layer now created.

0 Kudos