Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new partition ?

snailqian
Contributor I

Hi, experts :

I need to add a new partition for special purpose,

Could you like to tell me which code/files should be add/modify ?

Thank you very much.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Snail Qian,

Can you please give us more information?, are you referring to linux or android?

0 Kudos

snailqian
Contributor I

Hi, expert:

Thank you for your reply.

Our platform is iMXDL and it is related to linux/android.

In our project ,we want to protect some important data, such as BT address ,Serial No. ,and so on. We hope those data can never be modified after factory written.

Therefore ,we plan to add a new special partition to store the important data, and this partition will be locked and not allow to write unless user know how to unlock it.

However ,we just begin to study your platform ,not very familiar with it. So ,I need your help to learn how to add a new partition which can be set to write-protect . Thanks a lot

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can use 'fdisk' command  to setup the partition.

if you are using MFGtool, you can modify the partitioning script "mksdcard.sh.tar" or "mksdcard-android.sh.tar".

snailqian
Contributor I

Dear Jimmy :

Thank you very much. get it :smileyhappy:

Additionally, one issue I need your information:

This partition is for storing important data, so we hope it can provide "write-protect" feature. In some other platforms which we developed on,

write-protect partitions should be aligned (it meas the size of this partition should be multiple of a special value).

I want to know ,whether iMXDL has such size limitation for "write-protect"partition ? Thanks.

0 Kudos