次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

How to Recover from CAN BUS OFF of FlexCAN imx6

1,971件の閲覧回数
subbaiah_patiba
Contributor II

Hi,

we are working imx6 processors CAN Development using FlexCan.

We are facing issue of CAN BUS OFF, while device not connected to CAN BUS and transmitting CAN Frames.

To recovery form BUS OFF, can we get any steps or API to reset CAN Controller... Manually.??

This is critical for us, any quick help appreciated.

@peters

0 件の賞賛
返信
4 返答(返信)

1,941件の閲覧回数
aksh9354
Contributor I

hello subbaiah did you find the solution regarding the same I am also facing the same thing while communicating can bus is going in off state

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,935件の閲覧回数
subbaiah_patiba
Contributor II

Hi Akash,

We didn't find any solution yet.

But as we know, we need to do soft reset of Flexcan controller, to recover from BUS OFF. We don't have any interface now readily to do the same.

In Flexcan driver, we have "can_restart()" interface to reset controller, but we don't have IP layer interface to access the same.

Now, we are in way to find out, how to link "ip link type can restart" to "flexcan_restart()" interface.

if we found this, we are in Good position to recover from CAN BUS OFF.

Thanks

SUbbu

1,964件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi subbaiah_patiba

reason may be that can transceiver STBY signal is in active level, keeping in low power mode the FlexCAN module.

Usually that STBY signal is connected to i.MX6 some gpio, so one can set it to appropriate level.

Best regards
igor

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,959件の閲覧回数
subbaiah_patiba
Contributor II

Thanks Igor for quick reply.

I need mechanism to recover from CAN BUS OFF, while Device is connected to BUS.

We observe CAN Bus OFF, during device communication with BUS, due to Transmit errors. So we need a mechanism to recover like RESET Controller etc.

Please provide any information on this, any patch available in Flex-can drivers or any existing API to resolve the same.

Thanks

Subbu

0 件の賞賛
返信