How does not keeping an iMX6SX in reset state affect it's IO?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does not keeping an iMX6SX in reset state affect it's IO?

m4l490n
Contributor V

Hello

I'm experiencing a very nasty problem at production. I have an iMX6SX on my board, and among other things, I'm using a z-wave chip also in the circuit. The communication between them is via UART.

In order to successfully program the z-wave chip, the z-wave programmer needs to take ownership of the very same UART lines that connect the z-wave chip with the iMX6SX and there is where I suspect the problem is.

I read in the datasheet that the reset state for all the iMX6 IO lines is input, (tri-state). When the board is new, it does not run any code and therefore I assume that all the IO are tri-stated. But that is my first question, can I safely assume that all the IO are tri-stated when there is no code to run on the iMX6?

Another question is, what is the IO behavior if I put the iMX6 in "download mode"? I guess that they are tri-stated but again, I'm not sure.

I haven't been able to confidently determine the answer to these question by the information on the RM.

And unfortunately, the test fixture was not designed with a pogo pin that allows us to keep the iMX in reset while we attempt the z-wave chip programming.

So my last question is, is it necessary to keep the iMX6 in the RESET state, that meaning, driving the POR# line low, to avoid any activity on the IO and effectively have all the IO tri-stated?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel

please check Table 110. 19x19 mm Functional Contact Assignments,

Table 108. Signals with Different States During Reset and After Reset  i.MX6SX Datasheet
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMX6SXCEC.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos