How do I connect Connect windows 8.1 adb to imx6 android demo 4.2.2 on SABRE Board Reference Design|Freescale

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How do I connect Connect windows 8.1 adb to imx6 android demo 4.2.2 on SABRE Board Reference Design|Freescale

3,453 次查看
dcio
Contributor I

Hi,

I can't get ADB to list the device.

Here are the details

1. Host PC -- windows 8.1 , Android SDK installed. (SDK tools Rev 24.0.2, SDK platform tools Rev 21, google USB driver Rev 11.0)

2  Device  -- SABRE Board Reference Design|Freescale

Device is running Android 4.2.2 demo image received on the SD card shipped with the board.

kernel version 3.0.35-06114-g3b96084,  enrique@enrique-desktop#1 , Sat May 11 10:48:26 CDT 2013, Build number 1.0.0-rc3.

3.  The Developer options Stay Awake and USB debugging are enabled on the tablet.

4. I have followed all the steps in QSG guide as well as steps listed in similar threads in the community

Device Manager on HOST PC indicates device is functioning normally and device shows up as Andorid Device->Android ADB Interface with following details.

Device USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02\0123456789ABCDEF was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf

Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Driver Date: 06/21/2006

Driver Version: 6.3.9600.17238

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Section: Composite.Dev.NT

Driver Rank: 0xFF2003

Matching Device Id: USB\COMPOSITE

Outranked Drivers:

Device Updated: false

---------------------

5. I tried to use the android_usb_fsl.zip from R10.3 as well as R10.4

but driver installation fails with errror

"The folder you specified doesn't contain compatible software driver for your device.

If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to with Windows for x64-based systems".

6. android adb_usb.ini has been updated for VID 0x18D1 as well as 0x15A2

7. google USB driver install/unintall tried multiple times.

8. Connect adb to imx6 android demo 4.4.2  thread has exactly same problem, but no working solution

8. Connected debug port and observe following logs during system boot

init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recovery'

android_work: sent uevent USB_STATE=CONNECTED

android_work: sent uevent USB_STATE=DISCONNECTED

android_usb: already disabled

mtp_bind_config

adb_bind_config

warning: `adbd' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

adb_open

input: eCompass as /devices/virtual/input/input9

android_usb gadget: high speed config #1: android

android_work: sent uevent USB_STATE=CONFIGURED

root@android:/ # imx-ipuv3 imx-ipuv3.0: IPU DMFC DP HIGH RESOLUTION: 1(0,1), 5B(2~5), 5F(6,7)

request_suspend_state: wakeup (3->0) at 19189905005 (2015-02-03 07:15:45.283076336 UTC)

cpufreq_interactive_input_connect: connect to max11801_ts

cpufreq_interactive_input_connect: connect to eGalax Touch Screen

mma enable setting active

eth0: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Generic PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=1:01, irq=-1)

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready

Compat-wireless backport release: patch-10-27-gd46416c-p

Backport based on  branching-msm-3.2.3-44-g65b285b

Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain

World regulatory domain updated:

(start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp)

(2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)

(2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)

(2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)

(5140000 KHz - 5360000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 3000 mBm)

(5460000 KHz - 5860000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 3000 mBm)

android_readwrite_file: ret=-2

acc_open

acc_release

ehci_fsl_bus_resume begins, Host 1

ehci_fsl_bus_resume ends, Host 1

ehci_fsl_bus_resume begins, DR

mtp_open

PHY: 1:01 - Link is Up - 100/Full

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready

ehci_fsl_bus_suspend begins, Host 1

ehci_fsl_bus_suspend ends, Host 1

timeout while waiting for init operation

init: sys_prop: permission denied uid:1003  name:service.bootanim.exit

root@android:/ #

root@android:/ # android_readwrite_file: ret=-2

mtp_release

mtp_open

adb_release

mtp_release

mtp_bind_config

adb_bind_config

adb_open

mtp_open

adb_release

mtp_release

mtp_bind_config

adb_bind_config

init: untracked pid 3681 exited

adb_open

mtp_open

---------------------

Could you please help

标签 (2)
0 项奖励
回复
9 回复数

2,010 次查看
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you tried using the USB drivers from Android SDK installation folder? I just installed the same environment that you (SDK tools Rev 24.0.2, SDK platform tools Rev 21, Google USB driver Rev 11.0) on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, but when Windows tried to install the ADB driver, it failed, so, I manually performed a “Driver Update” but the destination folder for the driver search was the following:

<android-sdk installation path>\extras\google\usb_driver\

The driver installed properly and then I was able to see the ADB device and send commands to them through command prompt.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励
回复

2,009 次查看
dcio
Contributor I

Hi,

Yes I have tried manually installing the driver from path <android-sdk installation path>\extras\google\usb_driver\

The driver is installed properly and it shows driver version as 11.0.

Still adb is unable to list device. restarting adb also doesn't help.

I have a windows 8.1 system. Is there anything else I can try ?

please advise

Thanks

0 项奖励
回复

2,010 次查看
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I just have performed the same steps that I made on the Win 7 PC, using a different machine with 64-bit Windows 8.1, and it also worked for me. The only difference was that this computer didn't have Java installed, so, I had to install Java before installing Android SDK (I installed "jdk-8u31-windows-x64").

Regarding the target side, have you enabled the "USB debugging" option under "Developer options" of "Settings"? Additionally, when connecting the SABRE to the PC, is there a pop-up message on the Android screen asking if you want to allow debugging from the connected PC? Below you can find a photo of this message, and the status of the ADB device before allowing USB debugging (it is listed as "unauthorized"). After allowing the debugging, it is listed as "device", and I was able to send other ADB commands (like installing apks).

CAM00459.jpg

captura1.png

Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 项奖励
回复

2,009 次查看
dcio
Contributor I

Hi Carlos

Thanks for trying out on windows 8.1.

I don't get any pop up when Android boots. Yes I have enabled USB debugging on the tablet.

Still adb is unable to recognize the device.

Could you please let me know what is the android version and kernel version on your board.

All the setting and versions on my board have been specified in the first post in this thread.

One difference I notice is, your board is showing up as Android device -> Android composite ADB Interface in windows Manager.

whereas my board shows up as "Android  device -> Android ADB interface".

Could you please let me know if there is any means to obtain the Android image you are using and flash it.

Thanks.

0 项奖励
回复

2,009 次查看
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I was using Android 4.4.3, but after realizing what you mentioned about "Android ADB Interface" vs. "Android Composite ADB Interface", I made a test using specifically Android 4.2.2, and I got the same behavior that you have

After some investigation, it seems that Windows has some issues with ADB drivers on Android 4.2.2, so, in order to get it working properly (enumerated as "Android Composite ADB Interface") please follow these steps:

1.- On the Windows Device Manager, right click on the "Android ADB Interface" and select "Update Driver Software". Then, select "Browse my computer for driver software". On the next window, select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

2.- On the shown list, it should be included the "Android Composite ADB Interface", so, select it and click on "Next" button. Now Windows should install the ADB device as "Android Composite ADB Interface".

3.- It could be possible that you will get a device with conflicts (SABRESD-MX6DQ) under "Other devices", so it is just required to right click on it and select "Update Driver Software", and then "Search automatically for updated driver software".

4.- After than, you should be able to see the "Android Composite ADB Interface" under "Android Device" menu, and also the "SABRESD-MX6DQ" under "Portable Devices" menu, and it should be listed by calling the "adb devices" command on the prompt window.

Below you can find some screen captures of the relevant parts of this procedure:

captura1.png

captura2.png

captura3.png

captura4.png

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 项奖励
回复

2,010 次查看
dcio
Contributor I

Hi Carlos

Thanks for trying out 4.2.2 with windows 8.1. But unfortunately I don't see "ADB composite interface" listed in the device manager. when I follow above steps.

Picture attached. I tried to search complete hardware list as well (unclick show compatible hardware, it shows complete list) . No luck

If the problem is specific to 4.2.2, Is there a way to get 4.4.2 demo image and flash it?

Thanks

driver-update.jpg

0 项奖励
回复

2,010 次查看
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If you want to try with Android Kitkat, here is available the demo images for 4.4.3 for SABRE SD.

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 项奖励
回复

2,010 次查看
dcio
Contributor I

Hi Carlos

Thanks for pointer to 4.4.3 image.
After flashing this image (using mfgtools for 4.4.3) and following the steps above, I could finally get adb to talk to board and install/run Apps.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Summary: Android 4.2.2 image on imx6 and windows 8.1 don't like each other :smileyhappy:

Thanks

0 项奖励
回复

2,010 次查看
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm glad to know that it was useful for you and it is now working on your side.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If a post answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 项奖励
回复