Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I download the IMX6Q andriod source code(project code) in to local

Jump to solution
Will_eeee
Contributor II

Hi

I first time using NXP. I don't know how to configure compile environment and then download android source code into my local place and compile it
  If the configuration download and compilation were successful above, could I use QEMU to boot it?

Thanks
Will

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, we don't provide the support that if NXP imx series (android) can be booted by QEMU.

However, you can take a try. 

could their plus version support Android systems? Is that right?

Yes, more details that you can find is from the release note from the link:  https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/android_p9.0.0_2.2.0-ga_docs.zip

Regards

Harvey

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can refer to the link (Android OS for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP Semiconductors) to download Documentation (Such as Android User Guide.) and others, in which you will get help.

Regards

Harvey

Will_eeee
Contributor II
Thank you for your replay.
i have completed the NXP imx6Q android version compilation.
and then i find out the output of compilation, such as kernel U-boot and root-filesystem. but i have another question for QEMU tools, did you know the NXP imx series (android) can be booted by QEMU?

other question
The NXP imx6 series only has imx6Q and imx6D or could their plus version support Android systems? Is that right?
Actually, i have updated the QEMU version to 7.2 (latest 8.2) seems not support the imx6Q and imx6D (cortex a9), which only support imx6u.
0 Kudos
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, we don't provide the support that if NXP imx series (android) can be booted by QEMU.

However, you can take a try. 

could their plus version support Android systems? Is that right?

Yes, more details that you can find is from the release note from the link:  https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/android_p9.0.0_2.2.0-ga_docs.zip

Regards

Harvey

Torylyrs
Contributor II

Setting up the NXP environment for Android can be a bit tricky at first, but it's doable. You'll want to follow the NXP documentation for your specific board and Android version. Once configured, compiling Android source code typically involves using tools like 'repo' and 'make.'

Will_eeee
Contributor II
Yep, as a beginner for NXP platform, I spend many times to setting up environment of compilation.
Nevertheless, I have completed it on my Ubuntu system. due to the release time of the NXP imx6 series being a long time ago and because the Android and boot git links were invalid or migrated.
0 Kudos