cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfuly used the KITPFPGMEVME Programmer for PF Series Devices

Jump to solution
donaldruss
Contributor II

I am trying to install the KITPFPGMEVME Programmer for PF Series Devices to program the MMPF0100 and there seems to be missing drivers.  The documentation has holes and makes assumptions.

I can't find the KTPFPGM_W7.inf file to get the programmer to talk to the NI VISA driver.

They are missing on my Windows 7 and my Windows XP machine after software install.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
donaldruss
Contributor II

Freescale service sent me the missing files and I got the KTPFPGM_W7.inf installed on my Win 7 64 bit machine. After some fighting with Labview updates and configuration I got the tool running.

NOTE: After you get it communicating you can see what is in the chip OTP registers by running the Read Configuration script that is provided with the tool under the script editor window.

This investigation stems from our receiving MMPF0100 parts with the NP marking when we had ordered F0 parts.  We assumed that they were properly programmed because the board came up properly but the nagging doubt cost me a days worth of pain due to mismarked parts and missing files.

Verification is also possible by monitoring the Voltage sequences.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
donaldruss
Contributor II

Freescale service sent me the missing files and I got the KTPFPGM_W7.inf installed on my Win 7 64 bit machine. After some fighting with Labview updates and configuration I got the tool running.

NOTE: After you get it communicating you can see what is in the chip OTP registers by running the Read Configuration script that is provided with the tool under the script editor window.

This investigation stems from our receiving MMPF0100 parts with the NP marking when we had ordered F0 parts.  We assumed that they were properly programmed because the board came up properly but the nagging doubt cost me a days worth of pain due to mismarked parts and missing files.

Verification is also possible by monitoring the Voltage sequences.

0 Kudos
ericsnavely
Contributor I

I have the same problem and need the same file as well. Is it possible to post it here?

0 Kudos
donaldruss
Contributor II

Sorry, I was out on business travel.  Here are the *.inf files.

0 Kudos
ericsnavely
Contributor I

Thanks, I did get it working.

Just general notes for people who end up in this situation (hopefully it saves some time for everybody)

1) The easiest thing to do if you are building a SabreSD board is to use the preprogrammed F0 PMIC (not the NP called out on the BOM)

2) Make sure your design has test points (preferably through hole) for the Vpp, 3.3V, SDA, SCL and GND lines

some notes on using the programmer

1) It needs pullups on the SDA,SCL line to 3.3V, if you don't have pullups the app will just crash

2) Only hook up the Vpp, 3.3V, SDA, SCL and GND lines, the other outputs are not needed to program/read/write

3) If you have a rev B programmer you DO NOT need the National Instruments stuff, it works off the HID driver

4) you will need to disconnect the SDA/SCL lines from the processor using the jumpers in the reference design

that should be about it, if anyone has any other questions I will do my best to answer

Eric

0 Kudos