H264 Encoding in C/C++ on i.MX 8M Plus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H264 Encoding in C/C++ on i.MX 8M Plus

aleksandrs_polo
Contributor I

On i.MX 8M Plus, for encoding H264 video, there is the GStreamer plugin (vpuenc_h264) and the pre-compiled CLI binary (under path /unit_tests/VPU/hantro/vc8000e_h264enc).

Is there a C/C++ API for encoding a H264 video on i.MX 8M Plus?
Is V4L2 encoder (under path /unit_tests/V4L2_VPU/mxc_v4l2_vpu_enc.out) supported on i.MX 8M Plus?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can find the source code under <build folder>/tmp/work/cortexa53-crypto-mx8mp-poky-linux/imx-vpu-hantro

for imx8mp encoder unit test, you need to use ./unit_tests/VPU/hantro/vc8000e_hevcenc or
./unit_tests/VPU/hantro/vc8000e_h264enc

0 Kudos

aleksandrs_polo
Contributor I

Hello @joanxie

the source code under .../imx-vpu-hantro does not include Hantro vc8000e (encoder library for i.MX 8M Plus).

The unit tests you mention come from <build folder>/tmp/work/cortexa53-crypto-poky-linux/imx-vpu-hantro-vc, and are pre-compiled (no source code).

I would like to use the H264 video encoder on i.MX 8M Plus inside my C/C++ program (no GStreamer).
Is there a C/C++ example for encoding a H264 video on i.MX 8M Plus?
V4L2 encoder (/unit_tests/V4L2_VPU) worked great for i.MX 8 QuadMax, but seems to not work for i.MX 8M Plus. Is that correct?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you see the source code under /imx-vpu-hantro-1.25.0/h1_encoder/software/source/?

yes, this isn't for imx8mp

0 Kudos