cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with MCIMX6DLAICPU2

Jump to solution
mdey
Contributor I

I am new to the NXP Infotainment boards, and I recently ordered the MCIMX6DLAICPU2 board. However it didn't come with any preinstalled OS SD card.

I downloaded the Linux binaries from https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_MX6QDLSOLOX&appType=file2...

I am not sure where to start from. Can you please help me with getting started with the procedure to get this board to boot up and start running? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dey,

Are you using a SABRE AUTO evaluation board (with MCIMX6DLAICPU2 board)? If such is the case, you will need to select the MACHINE labeled “imx6dlsabreauto”, instead of the “imx6dlsabresd”.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mdey
Contributor I

I used both the provided .sdcard image and even built the image from scratch as per the guidelines and used dd to flash the SD card. I have set the boot switches also as mentioned, but the board fails to boot and I don't see anything on both HDMI output and serial console. 

Here's the details of what I did:

To build the sdcard image:

$ mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
$ cd imx-yocto-bsp
$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-sumo -m imx-4.14.78-1.0.0_ga.xml $ repo sync
$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx6dlsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland
$ bit bake fsl-image-validation-imx

To flash the SD card:

$ cd tmp/deploy/images/imx6dlsabresd/
$ bunzip2 -dk -f fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6dlsabresd.sdcard.bz2
$ sudo dd if=fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6dlsabresd.sdcard of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M conv=fsync

Boot switches configuration:

S2-1 = 0 

S2-2 = 0

S2-3 = 1

S2-4 = 0

S1-1 = 0

S1-2 = 1

S1-3 = 0

S1-4 = 0

S1-5 = 1

S1-6 = 0

S1-7 = 0

S1-8 = 0

S1-9 = 0

S1-10 = 0

Can you please help me with where I am going wrong? Thank you.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dey,

Are you using a SABRE AUTO evaluation board (with MCIMX6DLAICPU2 board)? If such is the case, you will need to select the MACHINE labeled “imx6dlsabreauto”, instead of the “imx6dlsabresd”.

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mdey
Contributor I

Hello,

Yes, that was it! I created a new image with SABRE AUTO and was able to get the board to boot! Thank you so much for the help.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dey,

You could use the Linux dd command in the following way:  

$ sudo dd if=<image name>.sdcard of=/dev/sd<partition> bs=1M && sync 

For more information, you could refer to section 6.1 “Flashing an SD card image” of “Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide” document, from the L4.14.78_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS package, where you could also find additional information and guidelines to help with the getting start of Yocto on i.MX processors.

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:

0 Kudos