GPIO Expander Not Working With Android12

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO Expander Not Working With Android12

JayDixit94
Contributor I

I am working with imx8mm, I flashed Android 10 demo image which is working with GPIO Expander.

But the same is not working with Android 12.

The difference which I have seen is :

1) GPIOCHIP5 is not created in /dev/ means the probe of ti,tca6416(gpio@20) driver is not called in android 12, also there is no sysfs entry of GPIO(i.e /sys/class/gpio is not present)

2) I have compared the (Kconfig, other configuration parameters such as the node in device tree and .conf) all the configurations are all most same except in android 12 GKI is added and the GPIO-PCA953x is made a loadable module with other modules as well.

-> I have tried debugging but found that when the pca953x module is loaded only the init function is called and not the probe as the prints are not comming from probe.

-> Also there is some issue with the logs because printk KERN_INFO is printing inside __init and its not printing inside i2c_add_driver which is returning 0 means success but the probe is not called.

-> Driver file is /driver/gpio/gpio-pca953x.

Please help to make it work with android 12, actually we are using this driver / gpiohip5 to reset the aw611 module connected on J1003.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you try to add CONFIG_GPIO_PCA953X and CONFIG_GPIO_PCA953X_IRQ in android_addition_defconfig?

0 Kudos