cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexcan transceiver

kishorekrish
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am new to IMX platform devices. I have IMX6 sabrelite board with flexcan controller embedded on it.

Question:

How can i able to communicate with that from userspace i think i need flexcan transceiver also to communicate with flexcan controller so is there any transceiver on IMX6 board itself or i need to mount ??

What are the transceivers are supported by flexcan controller and is there any software drivers are required for that.

Can you please clarify these .

thanks in advance.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kishorekrish
Contributor I

Hi igor,

Thanks for ur reply.

Actually this testing was already done by someone.

i want to understand in real time how this controller and transceiver will work??

If i want to send any data from application level it has to gothrough TCP/IP stack and then .ndo_start_xmit of controller driver call back will triggered, this is right or wrong??

If it is correct what is my maximum buffer size i can transmit using CAN bus

Thanks,

Kishore.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kishore

for testing one can use unit tests (imx-test), check folder ..test/can/

www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-test-5.7.tar.gz

please refer to Chapter 37 FlexCAN Driver attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos