cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexSPI Nor build type not available for QSPI for iMXRT1050 SDK

Sridharanblr
Contributor I

Hi,

We are developeing FlexSpi driver on QSPI, Initially we wanted to port SDK to our project architecture , As part of this We tested the QSPI(NOR) SDK, It worked fine for SDRAM/RAM linker file, When I changed it to FlexSpi_nor linker file(manually, Since build not available in SDK)  with XIP setting as mentioned in AN2183 and AN1210 , It did not work. 

Board goes into DAP error mode while reading DP-ctrl register , I again have to use MCUboot utility to re flash the image ..

Link :

../\SDK_2_10_0_EVKB-IMXRT1050\boards\evkbimxrt1050\driver_examples\flexspi\nor\polling_transfer\iar

Sridharanblr_0-1633189736565.png

Sridharanblr_1-1633189808459.png

My question is , 

1. Why FlexSPI_Nor build not available in SDK ? I see it is available for Hyper flash? 

2. Can you provide a buildable and debugable project on IAR/Eclipse IDE with FlexSPI_Nor Linker file for the Evaluation board ?

3. Is there any project link that I can directly select FleSPI Nor build for QSPI flash and test ? 

Thanks

Sridharan 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Why FlexSPI_Nor build not available in SDK? I see it is available for Hyper flash?
-- Regarding MIMXRT1050, the default flash boot device is HyperFlash instead of the QSPI, so the SDK library doesn't provide the Flex_nor_debug option for the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer demo.
2) Can you provide a buildable and debuggable project on IAR/Eclipse IDE with FlexSPI_Nor Linker file for the Evaluation board?
-- To do that, it not only needs to adjust the linker file but also needs to reconfigure the evkbimxrt1050_flexspi_nor_config.c to fit the QSPI flash, please give it a try.
3) Is there any project link that I can directly select FleSPI Nor build for QSPI flash and test?
-- The SDK library doesn't provide them.
Have a great day.
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos