cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash init error

SpeedyGonzalesss
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using i.MX RT1176 mcu on our custom board. There is a single Flash on the board and its code is Macronix MX25L6433F. There is no DQS pin. We both boot from this flash and want to use it as storage. There is no problem using it as boot. But when I want to use it as storage, I cannot initialize Flash. I also made the necessary definitions in the Linkscripts folder. There is an example of "flexspi_nor_polling_transfer" in the SDK examples. After creating the necessary functions according to this example, I call the flexspi_nor_flash_ini() function, but after this function it becomes nonsense.

SpeedyGonzalesss_0-1720185947777.png

When I run from here:

SpeedyGonzalesss_1-1720186010247.png

It acts as if he is in a different and unrelated place.

Init function;

SpeedyGonzalesss_2-1720186082824.png

Question 1: Why does this happen? Where could I be doing wrong?
Question 2: Since there is no DQS pin, should I select LoopbackInternally or SCK in the clock config section?

Best Regards,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @SpeedyGonzalesss,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you.

In the case that you are currently using XIP mode you cannot use the same FLASH to storage, this because the XIP needs to obtain the next instruction from the flash, and in the case that you want to read/write the core probably does not obtain the next instruction and consequently, the code becomes nonsense.

If this is the case, you can use non XIP, this means that the code is going to run in RAM obtaining the code from the FLASH. If you wish to try running it in RAM, you can consult this app note.

Also, if you experience any issue, do not hesitate to let me know.

BR

Habib.

0 Kudos