cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash iMX8MN from SD card to eMMC

malicious_mind
Contributor I

Hello crew,

I have iMX8M nano board with signed flash binary and Yocto image on SD card, so please can somebody help me with:

• How to erase eMMC
  • How to flash eMMC from SD card where signed binary and Yocto image are ?

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

malicious_mind
Contributor I

Thanks guy for hints, I found way how to do it in proper way but now I have another issues so I will open another topic related to that.

0 Kudos

prashantdivate
Contributor II

One way to do so is build initramfs image and under /sbin dir write your own init script which will contain the emmc flashing logic (commands). For reference flow will be like first mount the sdcard, create and format respective boot and root partition in emmc and get kernel, uboot and rootfs images from sdcard and flash it to the emmc partitions.

Not sure but as mentioned by  @Harvey021 check init script is available there or not in above image.

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @malicious_mind 

How to erase eMMC?

-> The reference to 4.4.1.3 Using eMMC of IMX_LINUX_USER_GUIDE will be helpful for you. 

download link:https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX_LINUX_USERS_GUIDE

How to flash eMMC from SD card where signed binary and Yocto image are ?

-> You can try prebuild image for i.MX8M Nano and flash it to eMMC.

download link: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L5.15.32_2.0.0_MX8MN&appType=license

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Have you tried the UUU tool? It replaces the MFG tool for the iMX8. I use this tool to download from my build PC straight on to my board into eMMC via USB. Erasing, flashing and varification is all taken care of. If you use Ubuntu then get UUU from it's git and build it, then it's good to go. No need to bounce your image of the SD card. It will except wic's as well. You will have to set your dip switches on your dev board.

Hope this helps..

0 Kudos