cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to flash uboot on IMX6UL

abhijeet_pawar
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using an custom board of IMX6ul with UART &  USB connection (No JTAG). So i'm using mfgtool for flashing of u-boot-usb.imx image for loading u-boot image into RAM. once it loaded i'm using tftp for flashing the final uboot & kernel image & able to do it successfully. After some iteration of testing my board is stopped responding to mfgtool.

Also in console i'm not getting any messages/logs (blank). In mfgtool it shows "Loading Uboot " after start it hangs there.

attaching a log file of mfgtool.

i tried same with imx usb loader but their i'm getting the error message of "!!perform_dcd returned -1" after enabling debug messages.

Can somebody help me to solve this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Abhijeet

if board stopped working after some iterations reason may be

software changes from previous builds. Suggest to rebuild image from scratch.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

abhijeet_pawar
Contributor I

Hello igorpadykov,

Actually iteration testing was flashing the same images again & again. so i don't see any problem with images. it was same used on other boards that are working fine.

At least RAM image should work with board. so i can try to read status registers & figure out the problem.

so can you give some pointers on how can i read register (without jtag as there is no connection)?

Thanks,

Abhijeet Pawar

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhijeet

registers can be read using memtool

memtool\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

abhijeet_pawar
Contributor I

Hello igorpadykov,

Can you please elaborate me how this tool helps me to read registers. As i said earlier, my board is not responding.There is no uboot message & no kernel prompt im getting. as per my understanding this memtool has to be run on kernel prompt.

Why i want to read register is to ensure that the board is not locked.

Thanks,

Abhijeet Pawar.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhijeet

to read registers one can also use jtag.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

abhijeet_pawar
Contributor I

Hello igorpadykov,

I have downloaded NXP ddr test tool & i run ddr test script available in same folder for imx6ul. I got message of "ERROR write dcd failed". When i retried it gives "ERROR rom_check_hab() failed. Please make sure board connected and in serial download mode".

So can you please give some pointers on this. As there is limitation on board side so i cant debug it using jtag so was trying to find out some solution with various tools. 

hope you get it.

Thanks,

Abhijeet Pawar

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

may be suggested to check hardware using

Hardware Development Guide for the i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor

For ddr tool issue suggest to create new thread.

Best regards
igor