Failed to burn image on iMX8MQ with mfgtools

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to burn image on iMX8MQ with mfgtools

cyuzeng
Contributor I

Hi there, I am new to iMX8MQ, Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot. Here is my question.

Recently I have been learning how to develop video capture on  a iMX8MQ EVK board. The board was originally shipped android O. I have to develop under Linux environment, so I need to burn Linux on the board. But after several times trying to burn uboot and image on the borad with the Mfgtools2, I cound not get throuth it. Mfgtools stopped on "Jumping to OS image", after 1~2 minutes Mfgtools gave error log 'Boot" body="BootStrap" error, file="uboot"'but the “uboot” file does exist. During the operation, all the files are from "L4.9.51_8mq-ga_mfg-tools.tar.gz", which downloaded from the NXP office website. The uart debug shell indicated "usb usb1-port1: connect-debounce failed", and at the same time HID disappeared, and couldn't find in"Device Manager" any more.The boot media is eMMC. During burning the image, I set SW802 to 01. The mfgtools.log and uboot shell are as follow.

log.jpg

shell.jpg

shell1.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I just tried to reproduce the issue. But all looks quite working. 

I managed to deploy the Linux image, using  "mfgtool2-yocto-mx8-evk-emmc1.vbs"

script of "L4.9.51_8mq-ga_mfg-tools.tar.gz"  package.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos