cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on building yocto linux image for imx93evk

Jump to solution
JiangQian
Contributor II

I want to build image for imx93evk, but I can't find a guide just for imx93evk.
I followed below guide (Please let me know if I am wrong)
https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf
And setup docker image via,
https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-docker

Then, change MACHINE variable as "imx93evk" in env file,

YOCTO_DIR="${DOCKER_WORKDIR}/${IMX_RELEASE}-build"

-MACHINE="imx8mpevk"
+MACHINE="imx93evk"
 DISTRO="fsl-imx-xwayland"
 IMAGES="imx-image-core"

I didn't get the build success. Please see attached.
I am trying to enable machine learning (tensorflow benchmark model) in yocto image , so you can help me fix my problem in below methods.
1) Is there any pre-built image for imx93evk with machine learning?
2) Is my building process correct? Are there any link or guide for imx93evk building? or is my way correct?
3) If my way is correct, how can I fix such error? Of course, we can skip such error by trying other DISTRO, for example without x11, I would try. But first of all, I want to know if I am in the correct way, is my method to build the image correct?

Screenshot from 2024-03-12 07-43-05.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JiangQian
Contributor II

Compiling passed when I built it on ubuntu 20.04 in docker, the error only raised when compiling it on ubuntu 22.04 in docker.
Can you tell me which guide and sections should I followed to generate zip for uuu to upgrade the board?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JiangQian
Contributor II

Compiling passed when I built it on ubuntu 20.04 in docker, the error only raised when compiling it on ubuntu 22.04 in docker.
Can you tell me which guide and sections should I followed to generate zip for uuu to upgrade the board?

0 Kudos
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JiangQian 

You an find images in /build-xwayland/tmp/deploy/images/imx93-11x11-lpddr4x-evk/

0 Kudos
JiangQian
Contributor II

thanks, it gets burned, and working

0 Kudos
JiangQian
Contributor II

Thanks, you could be correct to suggest to build without docker, I may try if I can't fix it at the end.

I did more investigation, let me share you, maybe you can help.
The error is located in this single command (called by bitbake gdk-pixbuf) at last, it really likes an permission issue.

dey@0e2be187f104:~/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-imx93evk-xwayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gdk-pixbuf-native/2.42.10-r0/build$ /home/dey/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-imx93evk-xwayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gdk-pixbuf-native/2.42.10-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/nativepython3 /home/dey/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-imx93evk-xwayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gdk-pixbuf-native/2.42.10-r0/gdk-pixbuf-2.42.10/build-aux/gen-resources.py --glib-compile-resources=/home/dey/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-imx93evk-xwayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gdk-pixbuf-native/2.42.10-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/glib-compile-resources
--pixdata=/home/dey/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-imx93evk-xwayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gdk-pixbuf-native/2.42.10-r0/build/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-pixdata --loaders=/home/dey/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-imx93evk-xwayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gdk-pixbuf-native/2.42.10-r0/build/gdk-pixbuf/loaders.cache --sourcedir=/home/dey/workspace/imx-yocto-bsp/bld-imx93evk-xwayland/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gdk-pixbuf-native/2.42.10-r0/gdk-pixbuf-2.42.10/tests --source ../gdk-pixbuf-2.42.10/tests/resources.gresource.xml tests/resources.c

(glib-compile-resources:27588): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 08:16:28.374: g_subprocess_wait: assertion 'G_IS_SUBPROCESS (subprocess)' failed

(glib-compile-resources:27588): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 08:16:28.374: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
../gdk-pixbuf-2.42.10/tests/resources.gresource.xml: Failed to close file descriptor for child process (Operation not permitted).

Then I remember, I indeed did some modification to the docker repo, maybe that cause the issue

+       docker build --tag "seapapa/imx-yocto" \
+                    --build-arg "DOCKER_WORKDIR=/home/dey" \
+                     --build-arg "USER=dey" \
+                     --build-arg "host_uid=1000" \
+                     --build-arg "host_gid=1000" \
+                     -f Dockerfile-Ubuntu-20.04 \
+                             .

0 Kudos
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JiangQian 

You can try build yocto without docker refering 4 Yocto Project Setup.

0 Kudos