cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error of the IMX8QXP caam accelerates the SM2 digital signature algorithm

brat_zhang
Contributor I

Dear Sir:

I compile and use caam according to the link https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343823 .The system compiled by the provided method cannot run on the official imx8qxpmek board .while boot , show below error (attachment picture 1)

Then I replaced it with a kernel  compiled by myself, that can run, but the test program has an error:(attachment picture 2)

After starting, load the cryptodev driver and run cv2x_benchmark. The software operation part at the beginning is no problem. The hardware part that uses CAAM to accelerate the operation reports an error and crashes.

It was compiled using the method he last updated on October 14.(attachment picture 3)

Hope for your response asap , thanks.i.MX Processors

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiaodong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi brat.zhang@arrow.com 

Which version of Yocto release you used? Do you use a clean code base to build meta-cv2x instead of existed build folder?

0 Kudos

brat_zhang
Contributor I

Hi Xiaodong:

非常感谢回复!yocto的版本和帖子里的保持了一致:

Linux kernel: imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga

其他操作步骤也是严格按照帖子里的步骤来操作的:

Linux kernel: imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga

cryptodev: 1.9

HW platform: i.MX8M/MM/MN, i.MX8QM/QXP.

How to build:

1, decompress meta-cv2x_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga.tgz and copy meta-cv2x to folder (Yocto 4.14.98_2.0.0_ga dir)/sources/

2, Run DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8qxpmek source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-cv2x and add BBLAYERS += " $/sources/meta-cv2x " into (Yocto 4.14.98_2.0.0_ga dir)/build-cv2x/conf/bblayers.conf and IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " gmssl-bin " into local.conf

3, Run bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx.

4, You can find cv2x-verify.c under (build dir)/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/cryptodev-tests/1.9-r0/git/tests. It is example for using CAAM cryptdev interface to do C-V2X verification (includes SM2 p256, NIST p256 and brainpoolP256r1). cv2x_benchmark.c under (build dir)/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/gmssl/1.0-r0/gmssl-1.0/test is the benchmark test program of C-V2X verifying. It includes HW, SW and HW+SW(one CPU) verifying for SM2 p256, NIST p256 and brainpoolP256r1.

5, Run the below command on your i.MX8QXP MEK board.

modprobe cryptodev

./cv2x_benchmark

谢谢!

Best Regards

0 Kudos

xiaodong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you try to run "gmssl speed sm2" after  command "modprobe cryptodev"?

0 Kudos