キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Ensuring clock input to RTC_XTALI on iMX6 is detected as "used" by CCF

791件の閲覧回数
glyn_cowe
Contributor I

I am working on a custom board design using a PCF8563 RTC as 32kHz input to RTC_XTALI on iMX6Q running Linux. I have found that the PCF8563 driver stops the output clock on initialisation (for power-saving), then enables it when the prepare function is called (from the Common Clock Framework, CCF). The trouble is that the prepare function is never called, seemingly since the CCF considers the clock as "unused". The driver is correctly loaded and I can read and write the time, but the clock output is left disabled.

When I hack out the code in the driver that disables the output clock, the PCF8563 outputs clocks as it should. This is an ugly hack, though, and I suppose that I need to do something in the device tree to ensure that the CCF knows that the PCF8563 is used. Please could anyone point me in the right direction?

ラベル(3)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 返信

689件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Glyn

one can check pcf8563 dts documentation and add necessary settings in

probe function of pcf8563 driver:

linux/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rtc/pcf8563.txt

pcf8563.txt\rtc\bindings\devicetree\Documentation - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

also issue may be posted on kernel mail list

Majordomo Lists at VGER.KERNEL.ORG 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
返信