cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efficientdet build issue

rit2905
Contributor I

Hi team,
I am trying to build the efficientdet-imx project and run it on imx8mp board. 
I am following this documentation:
https://github.com/nxp-imx/efficientdet-imx

But it seems that the build process for the dependencies have changed.

From the root directory of Tensorflow github, go to tensorflow/lite/tools/make and run download_dependencies.sh

Tensorflow have deprecated the use of Makefile for builds. 

For Linux users, refer to https://docs.opencv.org/master/d7/d9f/tutorial_linux_install.html

Also, while following OpenCV build process we are facing the following issue:

/home/progna/Downloads/toolchains/gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/8.3.0/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: ../../3rdparty/ippicv/ippicv_lnx/icv/lib/intel64/libippicv.a(ippcpufeatures.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 62)
/home/progna/Downloads/toolchains/gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/8.3.0/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: ../../3rdparty/ippicv/ippicv_lnx/icv/lib/intel64/libippicv.a(ippcpufeatures.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 62)
/home/progna/Downloads/toolchains/gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/8.3.0/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: ../../3rdparty/ippicv/ippicv_lnx/icv/lib/intel64/libippicv.a: error adding symbols: file in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [modules/core/CMakeFiles/opencv_core.dir/build.make:1465: lib/libopencv_core.so.4.9.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2196: modules/core/CMakeFiles/opencv_core.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2

has context menu

So, these are my queries:

1. Which cross compiler to use to compile the dependencies and the project for imx8mp board.
  2. How to build the updated tensorflow lite using CMake.
  3. How to fix the compilation issue for OpenCV.

GitHub - nxp-imx/efficientdet-imx: EfficientDet is a family of object detection models for which we provide basic enablement on i.MX8 NXP boards.

EfficientDet is a family of object detection models for which we provide basic enablement on i.MX8 NXP boards. - nxp-imx/efficientdet-imx

0 Kudos
1 Reply