Distributor base address on i.MX8M

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributor base address on i.MX8M

pnee
Contributor II

How does one find the distributor base address on i.MX8M. The ARM GIC-500 TRM (see below) states the distributor base address is defined by the system memory map. Where in the i.MX8M memory map is this defined?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

neilturner
Contributor III

I am also struggling with this issue on an i.MX8 Nano. Section 2.1.2 (Cortex-A53 Memory Map) of the i.MX 8M Nano Applications Processor
Reference Manual (IMX8MNRM.pdf) (Cortex-A53 Memory Map) shows,

3880_0000                       388F_FFFF                       GIC                        1MB                GIC REG

But nowhere is that broken down into the ARM defined, "Distributor base address", "CPU interface
base address". Where can I find that information?

Neil

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi PJ

one can look at sect.2.1.2 Cortex-A53 Memory Map

i.MX 8M Dual/8M QuadLite/8M Quad Applications Processors Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pnee
Contributor II

Ok - so sect.2.1.2 Cortex-A53 Memory Map defines GIC REG with a base address of 0x38800000. Does this equate to the distributor base address?

Also the GIC-500 TRM also states the GIC-500 base address is not fixed and differs on each implementation (see below). Is there a programmatic way to find the base address?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

GIC-500 base address in this implementation is given in sect.2.1.2 Cortex-A53 Memory Map

i.MX 8M Dual/8M QuadLite/8M Quad Applications Processors Reference Manual

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos