cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable internal RTC in I.MX28

srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Dear I.MX community,

I want to disable internal RTC in L2.6.35_10.12.01_ER_source BSP, & make use of external RTC - pcf8563, interfaced through I2C, could you please let me know how to disable the internal rtc in kernel menuconfiguration & make use of only external rtc , & could you please let me know how external rtc can be tested, could you please provide the test application for accessing the external rtc from the user space, as soon as possible,

Many Many thanks a lot in advance for your support,

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

To disable mx28 internal RTC, you can deselect Device Drivers->Real Time Clock->Freescale MXS series SoC RTC.

To use external RTC pcf-8563, you may need to select this RTC in the same menuconfig path, then you may need to add i2c interface into mx28 EVK board, as our default BSP did NOT have such external RTC if I remember correctly.

0 Kudos

srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Thanks a lot for your quick response it was really helpfull, I have added the following in mx28evk.c

//RTC

{

I2C_BOARD_INFO("pcf8563", 0x51),

},

Could you please let me know the test application for RTC in order to read , set the date & time from user space

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can just use linux standard command to get RTC time and compare to wall clock, such as "hwclock" command. It will read RTC time.

0 Kudos

srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Many many thanks a lot , it works :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you mark this question as closed as long as your question is resolved, thanks:)

0 Kudos

srinivasanshanm
Contributor III

Yes Please you can close this thread ,

Thanks a lot for your support once again :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos