cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug QSPI FLASH XIP Application on i.MX7ULP-EVK does not work

lorv
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to debug an application from QSPI Flash with XIP on an  i.MX7ULP-EVK rev B1 board.

I downloaded the SDK_2_9_0_EVK-MCIMX7ULP for windows host and IAR toolchain. I tried the steps to follow the instructions in the Getting started guide for QSPI FLash debugging. The macro file ($TOOLKIT_DIR$/config/debugger/NXP/iMX7ULP_EVK.mac) described in the guid does not exist on my system. In that location I have several .dmac files but no .mac file. The IDE only allows for .mac files. When I try to start a debug session without the macro file, the program gives no output and the CPU cannot be halted.

I use IAR Embedded Workbench - Arm 9.10.2.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

David

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

one can try attached files, found in folder ../IAR_Multicore/Getting Started/config/ and

since they are provided as part of IAR Embedded Workbench, ask for additional help iar support

https://www.iar.com/knowledge/support/request-technical-support/

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

lorv
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

../IAR_Multicore/Getting Started/config/

this path does not exist in my installtiation of IAR embedded workbench. Is it possible that I have a wrong version?

I tried the files you provided with the same result. I have no consol output from the M4 core and the debugger cannot halt the CPU after downloading the program.

Have you tried the steps in the getting started guid with the files you provided adn can confirm that this works?

I have contacted the IAR support but since I am working on NXP hardware with instruction provided by NXP i'd assume that you are the here is the right place to get support for this.

Thanks for you help.

Best,
David

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

I have IAR8_40, attached one more file (found in arm/src/flashloader/NXP/FlashIMX7ULP_EVK_QSPI).

Necessary IAR version is provided in Release Notes document included in SDK_EVK-MCIMX7ULP.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos