cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA SMFC Channel Flexibility

AlejandroS
Contributor I

Hi,

This is a question regarding the DMA SMFC Channels. I'm using a SabreSD Quad Platform with Android Pie.

Typically (as shown in the picture below) the sensor connected to CSI0 sends the data through the dma_smfc_ch0.

I would like to know if it's possible to configure the data path for CSI1 to make the flow go through dma_smfc_ch0 as well, instead of any other channel, since my understanding is that dma_smfc_ch0 is the only channel that is able to use the whole FIFO, while the other channels will use a reduced FIFO.

To provide more context, currently, our application is running intensive operations in memory, so we need to have a FIFO as big as possible to queue data so that the camera pixels are not lost while the memory is busy, so I appreciate it if anyone can provide more input on this and/or there are other ideas.

AlejandroS_0-1682013947263.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

From camera SMFC can use only one DMA channel. "DI (data identifier)" concept is used

only for MIPI interface, this is described in sect.37.4. i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processor Reference Manual

Regards

0 Kudos

AlejandroS
Contributor I

@Bio_TICFSL Thanks for the timely reply!

Moreover, from table IPUx_SMFC_MAP field descriptions I see (for instance):

AlejandroS_0-1682116187523.png

My understanding is that one can map CSI1 data to DMASMFC channel 0. This way the data would be mapped to the FIFO base address 0 which is what we need.

Is there anything else I'm missing that won't enable us to make this configuration?

0 Kudos