cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom programming for Cortex M with the EVK iMX8 mini

hluyo
Contributor I

Hello,

I am starting to program the i.MX8 mini and I am using an EVK, for the moment I have managed to run demos provided by NXP in their SDK for the Cortex M4, for the execution of the programs I am using an ARM cross compiler because the MCUXpresso currently does not have support for applications with this processor.
The question is: What tool can I use to configure the peripherals I want and provide me with the interface ready to use in the application? Something similar to what STM32Cube IDE provides.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

hluyo
Contributor I

Hello @Chavira 

Thanks for replying, regarding the "config tools for i.MX processors, I also read on the internet that the MCUXpresso Config Tools is used to configure microcontrollers, could it be used in my case?
I want to make custom applications with the Cortex M4 that has internally the i.MX8 processor, the problem is that I do not know where to start to generate the necessary configuration to integrate, uart, i2c, gpio, etc in a single program, something similar to the STM32Cube IDE. What do you recommend?

Best regards!

Hebert.

0 Kudos

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hluyo! 

Config Tools for iMX is the same as MCUXpresso Config Tools but the MCUXpresso Config Tools only can configure MCUs for MPUs (iMX Processors) you should use Config Tools for iMX.

Best Regards!

Chavira

0 Kudos

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hluyo!

Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

You can use config tools for iMX processors.

You can download it at the link below.

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/development-boards-and-designs/i-mx-evaluation-and-developm...

Best Regards!

Chavira

0 Kudos