Cross compilation with alsa

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross compilation with alsa

claudiaalvarado
Contributor I

Hello!  I have a general question.  We are cross compiling on a Linux machine for an ARM processor on an embedded device.  When compiling, we specify paths for the include files and our cross compiled Alsa library.  We then try to port this to our embedded device(iMX6UL).  When trying to run the executable on the embedded device we get two problems:

1. it doesn’t recognize the PCM device called ‘default’— I think we just need to call this out with hw:0,0 but we need to play with this.
  2. We get this error: “ALSA lib conf.c(snd_config_update_r)Cannot access file /path/to/alsa.conf"
    1. The path that it lists is the path to our cross compiled alsa lib on our linux box… so it seems that in the compilation process, this path is preserved and transferred to the executable somehow.

So my question is, is there a way to specify two different library paths for the two devices (linux and embedded) while compiling so that when we port to the embedded device, the executable knows where to look for the alsa library?  Normally, this wouldn’t be an issue because the default on a linux machine is usr/include, which I believe gets searched by default (?).  However, on our embedded device, the path is different.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

purvi_billore1
Contributor III

How did you cross compiled alsa-library and alsa-utils for iMX6?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

are you using Yocto?

0 Kudos