Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't automate eMMC booting using MFG tool

bazo00
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using IMX6DL based custom board.

I am trying to boot from eMMC, and I am able to do so, but only after manually setting boot_config.

It seems like this line from MFG tool doesn't work. I can not find the reason.

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 8 > /sys/block/mmcblk%mmc%/device/boot_config">enable boot partion 1 to boot</CMD>

I also tried with this lines also, since I was able to find boot_config there too. Again unsuccessfully.

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 8 > /sys/devices/soc0/soc.1/2100000.aips-bus/219c000.usdhc/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0\:0001/boot_config">enable boot partion 1 to boot</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 10 > /sys/devices/soc0/soc.1/2100000.aips-bus/219c000.usdhc/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0\:0001/boot_bus_config">enable boot partion 1 to boot</CMD>

When I set up this manually(after starting u-boot.imx and kernel directly from RAM using MFG tool) I can see bit for boot enabling set to 1, and after repower the board, it does boots up from eMMC fine.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem with MFG tool command?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

one can check if appropriate version of MFG Tools used, for example

for L4.1.15_1.1.0 should be used i.MX Series Manufacturing Toolkit for Linux 4.1.15_1.1.0 Release , e.t.c.

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

What nxp reference design is based custom board, sould it be reproduced on reference board.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos