Connection issue -UART1 interface mxrt1051 to Laptop using Secure provisioning tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issue -UART1 interface mxrt1051 to Laptop using Secure provisioning tool

Maheshkadam9922
Contributor II

here we use Secure provisioning tool to download unsigned image in target so we go throw following step:

a. we did boot mode 0 GPIO pin high ,put processor in ISP mode 

b. In Secure provisioning tool we did connection test and result is ok(connation established successfully) 

c. We did Preparing source image like that Image running in internal RAM1. for that we did following setting in MCUxpresso IDE:
Select Project > Properties - C/C++ Build > Settings > Tool Settings > MCU
Linker > Managed Linker Script and check Link application to RAM.
2. In Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > MCU settings, delete Flash, and modify
SRAM_ITC to start at 0x3000 with size 0x1D000.

d. select boot type -unsigned ,boot device Flex SPI NOR/IS25LPXXA_IS25WPXXA, HAB Disable

e. we build image successfully and write image also successfully our led blink code running ok

f. I have query that can you please explain - Image running in internal RAM1, where the code is flash and what is mean by execute in SRAM1

g. after that  I tried to again established connection In Secure provisioning tool we tried connection test and result is failed(repeat b option again ,also high boot mode pin) I try to resolve issue below

I downloaded same LED code using IDE and check SMBR2 register its show SRC_SMBR2 - 0x00000011 , when  I read the datasheet SMBR2 register its meaning 4th bit BT fuse Select is logic 0
so what is use of BT fuse Select , I think the BT fuse Select bit state is change that's why processor not go in ISP mode using GPIO boot mode pin. 
and  processor not go in ISP mode that's why my Connection failed 

can you please explain 

1. how processor put in ISP mode please confirm (Boot mode 0 -logic high and reset pin -logic high)

2. how we know the processor go in ISP MODE

3. what is meaning of Image running in internal RAM1 and XIP mode what is advantages and disadvantages

I have 1 more query  I downloaded led blink code 1(100ms) using secure tool not XIP mode means code flash in flex spi nor memory and copied on SRAM1 and execute after that I  I downloaded led blink code 2(500ms) using IDE , so now led blink code 2(500ms) is running but when we disconnect power supply of MCU and reconnected then  led blink code 1(100ms) is running , how led blink code 1(100ms) is running instead of led blink code 2(500ms).

0 Kudos
0 Replies