Configure USB2 on imx8m plus custom board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure USB2 on imx8m plus custom board

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

We are trying to create a Custom Display board with iMX8M Plus SOC and Android 11 or Android 13 as base OS.

For simplicity we are using only one USB device i.e. USB0 in USB2.0 configuration. And we are planning to use it for USB debugging i.e. ADB interface.
We could get usb2 device working in Uboot and able to use it for flashing EMMC using uuu tool.

Though while booting android the USB device always loads RNDIS driver and sets up USB0 interface.

We also used following options to force system to configure USB as ADB device,

1. setting USB debugging at boot i.e. BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE += androidboot.sys.usb.debugging=1

2. setting following configs on build.prop and default.prop
persist.service.adb.enable=1
persist.service.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=adb

Though still its identifying device as RNDIS/Ethernet device and setting up USB0 network interface on boot. I am not able to locate, who and how decides to load RNDIS driver on USB device. and how to disable that.
When removed RNDIS driver from defconfig, System started loading Gadget Zero test driver.

We have also removed the USB3 Dependency from device.

for reference attaching boot log and Original DTS entry and DTS with USB2 configure on board.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

We are using Custom board, I have tried to disable basic options related to TYPE C

Though we are not sure, what all changes need to be done in both defconfig and DTS entry

To my understanding we need to keep DWC3 enabled. 

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Are you on EVK board? or custom board? since the EVK is made for the EVK board, you must disable from kernel configuration.

Regards

0 Kudos