cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable DAC Gains of SGTL using I2C setttings in iMx6q

abhijeet_ghodga
Contributor III

Hi,

We are using sgtl5000 sound card for 16-bit linear audio communication application. The SGTL chip is interfaced with the iMx6 processor, and the processor's dts has i2c enabled.

Currently, i2ctools is not added into the kernel image, hence the user cannot make changes to the to card registers using i2cset/i2cget command.

Is there anyway to get configurable DAC Gains of SGTL using I2C setttings in iMx6q in the userspace, without making any kernel changes.

The one simple change I want to make in the chip is the program the 0x0010 address (DAC_VOL), to a configurable volume, say from 0x3c3c to 0x6c6c.

Best,

Abhijeet

Labels (1)
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhijeet

>Is there anyway to get configurable DAC Gains of SGTL using I2C setttings in iMx6q in
>the userspace, without making any kernel changes.

I am afraid no ways, in general one can try to add i2c initialization in uboot.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abhijeet_ghodga
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Without the addition of the i2c-tools package, the DAC Gains can be configured using asound.conf, and amixer set 'xyz', utilities of ALSA.

If ALSA driver is initialized and suppose i2c-tools is also present, there is a chance that i2c-tools will not be able to override the ALSA I2C register settings that it when application code is run.

Best,

Abhijeet

0 Kudos